GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some upcoming 360 titles of interest."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/01/07 at 17:46
Regular
"8==="
Shadowrun [30/03/07] - Looks frickin' sweet. An FPS with magic and some seriously cool looking effects. Online only too so you know all the effort's gone into the online, by default. Also: Flying, teleportation, fireballs... hoo hoo!

The Darkness [30/03/07] - This also looks amazing. Being able to pick up and throw cars with your darkness powers looks great, really like the look of the whole setup where you have to power up in the dark to bring about your evil little minions.

Crackdown [23/02/07] - This looks like a metropolis straight out of 2000AD. Big cartoony (graphic novel) graphics, loads of over-the-top things to do and a big free space to do them in. Can't wait!

Bioshock [24/08/07] - Ripping apart the FPS and re-building it piece by piece. Very Deus-Ex. Intriguing AI system based around the living city. Moral choices are left up to the player. You can get creatures to fight each other and slip-by un-noticed or finish off the winner. Heavily interactive environment too. Modify your own weapons and yourself too seeing at it's heavily based upon genetic modification. You can shutdown and hijack offensive bots to defend you. Creatures behave dynamically, they're trying to avoid scripted events with this. It's non-linear so there's plenty of places to explore. Basically: one of this year's must have titles.

Battlestations Midway [23/02/07] - This looks fun, plenty of playable craft (not just planes it seems) and it seems as if the delay has been used to add plenty more detail to it over it's nearest rivals (Over-G, Blazing Angels).

Assassins Creed [01/07/07] - A Medieval Splinter Cell with added crowd gimmic. The plot's shrouded in secrecy but it should do the business. Like the 'removed finger replaced with dagger' idea too. Freerunning concept is cool, plenty of bits to climb it seems - wonder how limited it'll actually be in the finished product. Really nice looking sword-fighting and a spicy level of difficulty to combat too it seems (but what else would you expect from a stealth game from Ubisoft?)

Mass Effect [30/03/07] - KOTOR meets Deus Ex meets Babylon 5. This is looking great especially with the Full Spectrum Warrior style battles.

Stranglehold [1/03/07] - Midway's Max Payne with super destruction and added moves. This should atleast be a great rental but hopefully there's more depth to it than it currently seems to have. Seems to be a lot less 'walk into a room' than Max Payne - the fighting seems to flow a lot better rather than Max Payne's stops and starts - more targets and more room for on-the-fly tactics equals more fun in my book.

Kindom Under Fire: Circle of Doom [TBA] - 4 player co-op over live. More of a hack and slasher than the previous games but don't expect the strategy elements to be completely non-existant.
Fri 12/01/07 at 00:09
Regular
Not sure about Lost Planet just yet, sure I'll enjoy it but another 8 hour game just isn't worth £40 at this moment in time, if I didn't owe money or if it was a lengthy game I'd get it but having just completed GRAW on hard in a days play for it never to be played again it just seems crazy.

Project 8 has lasted me 40 hours so far and I still have loads to do, kinda wanting more games like that now. Between Kameo, Condemned, Tomb Raider and GRAW got about 1-2 weeks play and got all the achievements for the single player elements.

I know it's not all casual play but at the moment kinda enjoying the 360 so might as well play it whilst I feel in the mood to as knowing my extremely tempremental attitude I change my mind fast, just need to keep taking my pills to make sure I don't get a Wii :D
Thu 11/01/07 at 14:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I love this stage of games; the amount of titles that I want coming out actually exceeds my capacity for buying them, hence I have to chuck away possible gems like Lost Planet for later >:D
Thu 11/01/07 at 13:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I've noticed on other sites a lot
> of people have been complaining about the cartoony graphics, for
> me that's part of what makes the game stand out from all the
> other games of its type.

I like the graphical style to, it's something different in this type of game.
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:50
Regular
I wouldn't be too put off by the recent vids of Shadowrun on gametrailers, they were really bad quality. What I've seen in the past was much better, it doesn't look anywhere near as nice as Gears, but it does look like it could be a lot of fun.

Got Lost Planet in the post this morning, haven't managed to play it yet but I really enjoyed the demo. Gorgeous graphics and I really dig the almost old school approach to the shooting and levels.

Crackdown's for me's a definite purchase for the online co-op alone. Will be the first sandbox game I've come across with full online co-op, and who doesn't enjoy jumping around like superman and throwing cars at people? I've noticed on other sites a lot of people have been complaining about the cartoony graphics, for me that's part of what makes the game stand out from all the other games of its type.

Oh and nuff said about Bioshock and Assassins Creed. To say they look absoloutly incredible would be a complete understatement, definetly 2 of my most wanted games this year.
Wed 10/01/07 at 17:33
Regular
"8==="
Yep, Ubisoft own Crytek right? They'll be wanting to make it multi-format.

It will look better on an uber-PC I expect.

Shadowrun just looks fun to me, not mind-blowing in graphics but just something that looks genuinely fun to play and muck about with.
Wed 10/01/07 at 13:19
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Watched a few vids on gametrailers - wasn't too impressed by shadowrun.

Is crysis coming out on the 360?
Wed 10/01/07 at 12:41
Regular
"8==="
Looks like a modern-day Wolfenstein (RTCW) seeing how fast and silly it looks having 5 people charging down a corridor. Bits also make me think of the N64 Perfect Dark, the use of levels for instance and it's those bits that appeal to me more.

Aside from a snooker game Lost Planet has January pretty much to itself so it should do a decent trade.
Wed 10/01/07 at 12:24
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Yeah I'm also undecided about Lost planet. Looks great but just not sure how enjoyable it will be - was also waiting to see how the multiplayer side of that works out.
Wed 10/01/07 at 11:41
"possibly impossible"
Still undecided about getting Lost Planet, but looking at the videos for it, I really want Crackdown.
Wed 10/01/07 at 10:49
Regular
"8==="
Yep, time to ram-raid GAME again. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.