GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help on Final Fantasy x"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X'.
Tue 18/05/04 at 23:30
Please help!!!! i've got loads of codes to use, and everyone keeps on about a Game Shark Screen, and Action Replay Screen (needing to be switched on in order to enter codes) how do I do this?
Sat 29/05/04 at 00:22
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I haven't used any cheats on FFX, but I reckon I'll get the cheat disc for FFX-2. I don't actually want to play through it, I just want to know the story.

:)
Sat 29/05/04 at 00:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Best way to do it in my opinion, save you trudging through the average fest of it :-D
Sat 29/05/04 at 00:29
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea exactly. I knew FFX-2 was very average but I really wanted to follow the story to see what happened to Tidus.
Sat 29/05/04 at 00:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I played it just for the J-Popness of it all and the promise of a water scene with the ladies ;-D rates amongst the worst FF ever and was obviously a very cheap cash in attempt, plus Paine has to be the worst character in history after Raiden. Utterly boring and no personality, ooooh a broody, dark, mysterious woman? No boring trout more like.

Gave it to my mate straight after playing it to get that game out my house before it tarnished the rest of my actually good RPG collection
Sat 29/05/04 at 00:41
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I really hated that bit at the beginning when Yuna put on that dress sphere and couldn't stop dancing. Then she proceeded to say how 'frightened' she was. Christ, it's like that episode of Buffy, how can dancing be scary?
Sat 29/05/04 at 00:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just shows how poor the storytelling and scripts have been of the FF games since FF7 and as the hero of FF12 looks like another feminine ladyboy teenager i doubt it will pick up anytime soon
Sat 29/05/04 at 00:56
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I liked FFX because to be completely honest it was very straight forward, simple and very accessable. Plus it had a really good story. I know it's not as involving as most other RPG's like Digaea but it has that 'pick-up-and-play' feel to it which is kind of rare in an RPG.

However FFX-2 just takes the pish from what I've played, and for a warrior Yuna certainly does walk stupid, with those arms flailing all over the place like that. It gives the impression that this game was made for girls. Plus it doesn't really feel like an RPG, it's more like an arcade game because it works on a level by level basis which takes away the freedom that RPG's should provide.

So I'll pick up one of those cheat discs, they're only a fiver. Then I'll just wizz through the game so that I can follow the story, then I'll probaly never play it again.

So, does anyone actually know where I can get level 4 spheres in FFX?
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
You can pick up 1 Level 4 Key in each of Home, Gagazet and Inside Sin.
You can get 2 for overkilling Flux, 2 more for Spectral Keeper.
You can pick up 2 from Omega Ruins chests (potentially 4 if you saved/reset between rooms) but none are guaranteed - you might get unlucky and have the first chest in each room be trapped.
You can get 6 for overkilling Omega Weapon.

After that, the only sources are bribing Chimera Brains or stealing from Nemesis.

Nicked from a topic in Gamefaqs :-D
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I could never take FFX-2 seriously because honestly after taking Yuna around the FFX world as a meek summoner it was very hard to accept that suddenly she's a master of all these weapons.
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:09
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
lalakersrule wrote:
> After that, the only sources are bribing Chimera Brains or stealing
> from Nemesis.

Thanks, looks like bribing the Chimera Brains is my best option. I got a few LVL4 spheres from chests but I've used them already, so bribing those fiends sounds like my only option really. Thankfully I've got over a million gil.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.