GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Correkt spellin"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/07/01 at 19:21
Regular
I think correct spelling and punctuation should be attempted more by the lazy posters on this site.

I know many people will say, who is this Neil? What right has he got to say this? Am I feeling hungry or thirsty?

But Correct spelling and punctuation make your posts much easier to read, and also make your arguments sound more interlectual. So give it a go, for the love of language.
Fri 13/07/01 at 20:58
"I love yo... lamp."
I have a Nokia 5110 and I think it is quite good. But I used to ( and still have but out of use ) an Ericsson A1018s. It was a great phone albeit without Snake and logos and ringtones. But when I got out of my friends BMW he accelerated away fast and ran over the Ericsson. And it survived OK!!
Thu 12/07/01 at 19:40
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I have to confess I have a Nokia phone but only after trying a few different ones to see which one I preferred. The 3 main criteria for me where vibrating alert, predictive text and as small an external aerial as possible (if any).

I think vibrating alert is a must in a mobile phone. How often when you're in public do you hear a phone ring and see a dozen people reach into their pockets to check if it's their phone?

I do like having different ringtones though. Providing you pick something unusual it goes some way to preventing the public problem I mentioned. I have 7 different ones. Things like Video Killed The Radio Star and Enola Gay. Would you like me to play them for you?

Just kidding. I'm from the school who believe than the people who take amusement from making others listen to their ringtone collection probably don't receive too many calls to hear them themselves.
Thu 12/07/01 at 17:11
"High polygon count"
SmokedKipper wrote:
> You don't have to follow the Nokia bandwagon to get one that can do
> that!

Indeed. I hate Nokia phones - too gimicky for me.

How many people look at your screen to see what logo you have? How many annoying ringtones do you need? Wherever you go, there's always some annoying little troll who's just bought one and insists on going through EVERY SODDING RINGTONE time after time. Just set it on a basic bloody ring and be done with it!

I have a Siemens C35i - WAP is the only gimmick I want. Yes, it has a lot of ringtones, but I have it on a basic ring.
Thu 12/07/01 at 16:15
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I have no complaints about the occasional spelling mistake or dropped character. I would like to voice my objection to people using chat room style abbreviations ("wot u up 2" and so on). This isn't a chat room it's a message board and if people can't be bothered to write a message then I can't be bothered to read it.

It also really annoys me when people send a message to my phone with words that have been shortened or had numbers put in them to make them fractionally easier to write (but more awkward to read). Gr8, 2nite, b4, the list goes on. If people are so lazy why don't they buy a half decent phone with predictive text messaging? You don't have to follow the Nokia bandwagon to get one that can do that!
Thu 12/07/01 at 15:38
Wow, so many replies in one day.

Heh, let's keep the good spelling.
Thu 12/07/01 at 15:04
Congrats on a very good post.
Thu 12/07/01 at 13:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
OK!
Thu 12/07/01 at 13:55
Don't worry about it. Just write a topic in Prime about how the XBox looks amazing so far.
Thu 12/07/01 at 13:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Damn.

Where do I pay?
Thu 12/07/01 at 13:50
You owe me £50. I had a bet with you that you'd reply like this. You weren't watching tho'.

Hmmm

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.