GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Correkt spellin"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/07/01 at 19:21
Regular
I think correct spelling and punctuation should be attempted more by the lazy posters on this site.

I know many people will say, who is this Neil? What right has he got to say this? Am I feeling hungry or thirsty?

But Correct spelling and punctuation make your posts much easier to read, and also make your arguments sound more interlectual. So give it a go, for the love of language.
Wed 11/07/01 at 19:21
I think correct spelling and punctuation should be attempted more by the lazy posters on this site.

I know many people will say, who is this Neil? What right has he got to say this? Am I feeling hungry or thirsty?

But Correct spelling and punctuation make your posts much easier to read, and also make your arguments sound more interlectual. So give it a go, for the love of language.
Wed 11/07/01 at 19:31
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I've got an A at A-Level English lit. I've been paid as a freelance journalist on more than one ocassion by a large publication. I read all the time - be it the wonders of Oscar Wilde and F Scott Fitzgerald or something a bit more down to earth like Douglass Addams.

In short - I COULD make a real attempt to spell everything perfectly and puncuiate my posts with a grace usually unseen but I couldn't be bothered. To be honest, I don't even re-read most of the stuff I post. I'm used to using newsreaders which have spell checkers to point out my errors. This doesn't. Doesit really matter if the odd poster types "hte" instead of "the" every now and then?
Wed 11/07/01 at 19:34
No that's not bad, but when someone uses no punctuation at all: no full stops, nothing, it makes it hard to read.

Not naming any names (longy I'm looking at you), but it is almost sometimes unreadable.
Wed 11/07/01 at 19:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I agreee most strongly wiv the first post
Wed 11/07/01 at 21:02
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Ahhhh, now no puncuation at all... THAT IS ANNOYING!!!
Thu 12/07/01 at 10:47
Regular
"not dead"
honestly whats your problem with punctuation does this sentence become that much more difficult to read if i dont punctuate it maybe youre the one with the problem as im sure that noone would have any difficulty at all in reading my posts without proper puncuation and do you know how hard it was for me to write this like this as i usually punctuate i found it harder not to
Thu 12/07/01 at 10:50
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
i know the feeling and if you try to not use capitals it feels really strange like patting your stomach and rubbing your head at the same time

i really dont like writing without punctuation or caps etc i feel strange and genuinely hard to write like this
Thu 12/07/01 at 10:51
Regular
"not dead"
You just couldn't help but use paragraphs though, could you?
Thu 12/07/01 at 10:53
Regular
ha goaty failed he actually put in a paragraph but what hapens when you try to list all of the possibilities of missing punctuation well you just dont seem to have any coherent arguement and well you know its hard to read but here goes difficult unorganised messy stupid arrogent inconsideret problematic lazy and a lot harder than you could imagine
Thu 12/07/01 at 10:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
i cant believe a put a paragraph in there it just came without trying it really did and i feel like someone is making me type with my feet for this one my god this is truly not easy to do is it there and with no paragraphs or anything

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.