GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Films ruined through over -hype..........."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/07/01 at 10:46
Regular
Ok, list here any films ruined for you by hype.

1. Blair Witch Project.
Thu 12/07/01 at 10:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I thought it might be a bit hype, so I ignored it at the cinema and watched it many, many months after it came out on video.

I enjoyed it immensely, not saying it's the scariest thing ever made, but there were moments that had me going.

Didnt bother with the sequel as it appears to be a pure exercise in profits.

Amusing story to this movie:

My sister and her husband went to watch it and hated it.
He said "It looked like they just gave the cameras to three kids and let them get lost in the woods"

Umm....
Thu 12/07/01 at 10:15
Blair witch was so exiting.....I fell alsleep at the cinema while watching it!
Wed 11/07/01 at 19:58
I expect some might disagree, but i rate the Blair Witch project in my top 5 worst films ever! It was absolute cack!
If there's anyone out there who was actually SCARED by it (and i know a few)- they need to stop wetting their beds and start sleeping with the light off.
As you may have guessed, i really didn't like it. As for those people who supposedly had to leave the cinema because they were scared, it really was because they were so bored. I actually thought the sequel (which was supposed to be worse) was actually a bit better.
But was i a victim of over-hype? Or was it just that bad?
Wed 11/07/01 at 19:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's not through my lack of trying though
Wed 11/07/01 at 19:25
Regular
Goatboy, I don't remember any hype about the erotic witch project.
Wed 11/07/01 at 19:02
Yeah the Blair Witch project was way too over hyped. Made out to look like a blockbuster, when all it was, was a student low budget flick.

This attracted the crowds and left them, yes, disappointed.

Oh well, was an original concept using the danish film style.
Wed 11/07/01 at 18:20
I know quite a few people who like Blair Witch Project, but I can't understand why. 'It's realistic,' They say, ah well that fine and dandy, but umm... so, that does not make it a quality movie.

Oh, the atmosphere is great. No, not really! The atmosphere is pants. I took the film seriously, I did not watch it with a negative frame of mind. The atmosphere was very very uncreative. All they done was to keep the camcorder focused on the 'actors' faces and wait, waiting for the tension to build but waiting painfully long. Frightened faces and rustling trees makes horror films a dull watch. But seriously, what tension was they trying to build? If they wanted to hint the 'witch' moving toiwards the actors, move the camcorder, track towards the camcorder or get one of the actor to pan the camcorder from the bushes to a frightened face.

The most pointless comment is, 'Oh, the film is original.' Oh please, I've got an original idea, ok, a film.. about my butt, to discover the amount of creases on my butt... and umm the different shades of colour made by my butt... um sorry, hello... HELLO! But anyhow, can being original class a film as great! Anyhow, the film is not original, the Last Broadcast can before it did it not. The last Broadcast is pants as well, good idea let down by an awful, awful twist.

Oh, this post has been so negative...
Rain drops and roses
and whiskers on kittens...
Wed 11/07/01 at 17:59
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
A nameless editor has re-cut the Phantom Menace and removed most of the rubbish - including, as you'd expect, most of Jar-Jar Binks. The underwater chase has gone and there's all sorts of other wee changes.

It supposed to be really professional - so much so that Kevin Smith was accused of doing it. He said that while he has seen it and was impressed it was him.

I'm trying to get hold of it on VCD quite literally as we speak.
Wed 11/07/01 at 16:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
What's that?
Wed 11/07/01 at 15:56
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Has anyone seen the Phantom Edit? I would love to get hold of a copy out of pure interest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.