GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"An idea that will probably fail"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/11/09 at 14:54
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm interested in doing a gaming centric podcast for the Freeola forums, mainly to improve my knowledge of gaming in general and in the hope that I might get a job out it (although with my health problems, I'm lucky to get out of bed each day :) )

So, basically, I'm interested in knowing what you would want to listen to as it is for you. What sort of things should I cover? What segments would you interested in? How long would be too long?

Give it some thought and get back to me. If you feel it is a bad idea and no one will listen to it, you are probably right, so tell me.
Wed 25/11/09 at 14:54
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm interested in doing a gaming centric podcast for the Freeola forums, mainly to improve my knowledge of gaming in general and in the hope that I might get a job out it (although with my health problems, I'm lucky to get out of bed each day :) )

So, basically, I'm interested in knowing what you would want to listen to as it is for you. What sort of things should I cover? What segments would you interested in? How long would be too long?

Give it some thought and get back to me. If you feel it is a bad idea and no one will listen to it, you are probably right, so tell me.
Wed 25/11/09 at 15:41
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Could be a good idea, I think that topics should include;

- Releases that week (obviously this depends on when you are to record and distribute it
- Other general game news that you find interesting that week, announcements on games/consoles for example
- Any planned Freeola game nights
- Notable bargains as listed in our very own bargain thread
- If, somehow, we get a long worthwhile thread in the gaming forums maybe mention that

That's it off the top of my head, I'm sure there is plenty of other topics to talk about. Also, I would probably guess a 15 minute runtime would be more than enough. Although does depend on how much you have to talk about!
Wed 25/11/09 at 15:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, that is roughly what I was thinking. Perhaps some kind of email/comment segment where I can answer or comment on a point raised.

EDIT: I was thinking of making it available on Fridays as that is usually release day.
Wed 25/11/09 at 16:16
Regular
That's a great idea GP, I'd love to hear it. I'm not into gaming as much at the moment as you probably noticed (cant afford it), but you have my support.

Let me think of some ideas, Butch has suggested some good ones.
Thu 26/11/09 at 12:26
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I would be willing to fully support this. And I'm sure if you go ahead with it we can arrange something special :D

Let me know on here or by email more details of your ideas if you can. I'll let Butch know as well seen as he has jumped in already :D
Thu 26/11/09 at 12:32
Regular
Wow, even I didn't get that kind of support when I offered to do a webcomic for Freeola. Though it was probably for the best, you'd get lots of traffic, but it would mostly be international. So no profit for Freeola in that.

Looking forward to this GP, have you been looking for royalty free music you can use? Maybe you can use Skype and have people call in. I wanna hear Jason come on and make up more stories about his high scores. ;)
Thu 26/11/09 at 12:35
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I don't remember that Machie 0_o
Thu 26/11/09 at 12:51
Regular
Warhunt wrote:
> I don't remember that Machie 0_o

This was a few years ago.
Thu 26/11/09 at 14:14
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It would have to be pre-recorded for editing purposes so a live phone in is probably not possible, especially the time I'm going to be recording it (after midnight).

I'm planning to record it Wednesday night or Thursday night ready for Friday. I usually have 1 of those nights free.

If anyone has a good idea for a name for this, put them forward.

At the moment, it will probably feature some thoughts on the games I played this week, news of the week, if there are any gaming topics on Freeola - perhaps I'll go through some of the points, bargains if they are still going at that time, maybe a part where I read out some emails and game releases that Friday. I've also got a game of the year feature almost ready.

I'm also hoping to do 2 or 3 before the end of the year to see if it goes okay and then maybe have another look at it to see if anything needs changing for the new year.

In the new year, I'll hopefully kick off the Megadrive project and that should also bring a few more things to talk about.

Anything else?
Fri 27/11/09 at 07:25
Regular
I think it would be a good idea to do one-minute (or thereabouts) clips - quite often I skim-read gaming articles on the net as my spare time isn't as vast as it used to be. So I would be more likely to view/listen to short clips on a regular basis

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.