GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"An idea that will probably fail"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/11/09 at 14:54
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm interested in doing a gaming centric podcast for the Freeola forums, mainly to improve my knowledge of gaming in general and in the hope that I might get a job out it (although with my health problems, I'm lucky to get out of bed each day :) )

So, basically, I'm interested in knowing what you would want to listen to as it is for you. What sort of things should I cover? What segments would you interested in? How long would be too long?

Give it some thought and get back to me. If you feel it is a bad idea and no one will listen to it, you are probably right, so tell me.
Sat 12/12/09 at 13:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm leaving it until the new year now as the trial software I was using has ran out now. I will still need a solution to the webspace problem though. :D
Sat 12/12/09 at 11:47
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Missed this this week. Did you get around to emailing me? I'll let you use my space to upload it to.
Mon 07/12/09 at 20:44
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, Audacity would have worked if I was doing this on my own but it would be pretty dull if I did that. :)

Audacity doesn't allow you to record 2 mics at the same time, which is why I went for this other software. Just a shame it wasn't free.

Yeah, not a fan of the file sharing sites. Had some bad experiences with them.
Mon 07/12/09 at 18:56
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Audacity, its free and pretty good for making podcasts. And hosting is really no problem either. If you dont like file sharing sites like a few of the ones I posted then use one of the many podcasting sites like podbean or mypodcast.
Mon 07/12/09 at 14:32
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I should have thought about this problem and I didn't. I'm also using software that has less than a weeks trial left as what I thought should work actually didn't.

Maybe i should have given the whole thing more thought before I jumped in. That's actually quite rare for me. Don't usually jump in without thinking.
Sun 06/12/09 at 12:29
Regular
This is a good idea and could work well.

Another idea for something to put in: A quick run down of the demos releases on Xbox or PSN. You don't need to have played them, but just list them out or something.
Sat 05/12/09 at 09:57
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Send us a quick email GP and we can discuss. I could get you to upload to my webspace, which would be the easiest solution.
Fri 04/12/09 at 15:47
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
There are plenty of filesharing sites that'll host a file of that size. Try rapidshare, mediafire or megaupload.
Fri 04/12/09 at 14:30
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Any places I have are 10mb limits on files and I think I can only store up to 40mb.

1 hour 20 isn't that much. I listen to one every Wednesday that is over 2 hours. ::D
Fri 04/12/09 at 09:45
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
1 hour 20 minutes is a long time mate. I wouldn't even spend that long listening to WOW news :D

But still, I would like to hear it if we can think of some way of getting it to me.

Do you have any web hosting you can upload it to?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.