GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've played Thief 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Thief 3 : Deadly Shadows'.
Wed 02/06/04 at 09:05
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
.......Due to a developer mate bringing up a copy this weekend. I've got it on order already; my conscience is clean, so sue me.

Anyhoo, piracy malarkey out of the way.

It's *excellent*. Truly, truly great. If you monkeys stick to your football management, football simulation games and second rate movie tie ins, the industry deserves to go bust.

This is one of the greatest titles I've ever had the good fortune (it’s not without minor faults mind) to play, and it’s a worthy successor to the thief series. Warren Spector does it again. I spent 12 hours straight on it yesterday.

From the opening credits, you are back in the unique atmosphere, slow burning plotline, tension and feel of the thief games. Garrett is still voiced by the original guy, and the engine and AI are impressive.

I’ll do a full review if I get time.

Buy it. BUY IT! The man is a genius.
Wed 02/06/04 at 13:35
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Teal'c wrote:
> There was an email from an ex IS programmer fowarded to me a few days
> ago; 30 or so artists, programmers and designers were laid off,
> though none of management (as is always the case :( ). According to
> him, WS doesn't look like he belongs to IS anymore either.
>
> Thing is, those laid off weren't just extra staff brought in to
> polish the game to gold release standard; they were staff responsible
> for fixing a lot of the game's problems. Very unfortunate.
> Teal'c wrote:
> The PS2 thing is incorrect - it's just one of the consoles mentioned.
> More likely IS is going console only, at the publisher's decision.

Makes more sense. As I said, I heard rumors only.
Wed 02/06/04 at 16:38
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Never played the earlier Thief games, but this is top of my list just on concept and visuals alone.
Thu 03/06/04 at 08:21
Regular
"eat toast!"
i couldn't care less about the fighting. Thief was never about full frontal assualts (Although i did manage to kill my way through the first game. Think you can beat 25,000(est) damage delivered? ). The knife i suppose could be a more realistic feature for the thief. After all, who carries a sword around anyway? Wish you could throw it though.

Whilst there are lapses in AI, i feel that the game could be forgiven for thar run up a ladder trick as it happened in thief 1 and 2. Since i have little problems with that game i couldn't careless.

Hoarding is what i DON'T like as now theres little reason to use your precious equipment. So i would have saved loads of fire arrows (your medieval rocket launcher if you like) for nothing. Which makes the game easier.

You mention the hammerite church as being small. We're talking smaller then the hammerite church in theif one or thief 2? (The second s mechanist chuch was large/mediumish)

Don't worry about me, i've played this game before and i'm sure i shouldn't be doing too much quick saving. Although it probably will happen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.