GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which do YOU think is the best next-gen console?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/07/01 at 22:11
Regular
Hi, my name's Adam and as now is the time where many of the new geveration consoles have been realeased and there's still this question- whichk is the best? The answer is- none of them you cannot define which is the best. It is up to each individual person. Every console seems to hve it's own things going for it. The Dreamcast WAS the first next- gen console to be released yet, as the saturn did before it it is now pretty much dead. I, being a Dreamcast owner will argue that it shouldn't have happened- it has possibly the best games line up on any games console so far but it's true that sega possibly rushed it, maybve knowing it was their last stab at success. The PS2 has a huge amount of support from Psone owners and it has a few stunning games on it, it also has a stylish image and is attractive to any age of punters but i hate the fact that sony are already palnning the PS3! PS2 owners deserve some longlivety outof their £300 box. Then we come onto the Gamecube- in my opinion this is looking to be the best to be released in the next few years but many people think it looks too childish and thiunk that games will be aimed at children. They need to take some time to look at treasures such as Eternal Darkness and so on. I think i may be going on a bit now so I'll leave you to your opinions on Xbox and the rest. I will be interested to see what you think. Get back to me
Adam
Sun 08/07/01 at 15:44
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I think the panasonic one looks a bit strange, but it is good that you can choose what colour Game Cube you want so you don't have to have the purple one or the black one, you can just choose what you want.
Sun 08/07/01 at 15:28
I thought the Panasonic Gamecube looked superb, a lot more stylish than any other console Ive ever seen.
Sun 08/07/01 at 12:23
The gamecube and GBA partnership is gunna rock the world
Sun 08/07/01 at 12:16
I can't say the Panasonic Gamecube looks nice, in fact I think it looks horrible. I will stick with a purple cube, I have a purple GBC so i'm not that worried about what people will think.
Sun 08/07/01 at 10:33
Regular
"DS..."
p.s anyone who wants to see a picture of the Nintendo / Panasonic gamecube ( which apart from looking amazing features dvd playback and other things..) can e-mail me at the following address...
[email protected]
slik -_-
Sun 08/07/01 at 10:30
Regular
"DS..."
If you don't like the purple gamecube why not check out the Nintendo/Panasonic gamecube it rocks!
slik !_!
Sun 08/07/01 at 09:28
Remember it used to be that ugly purple colour - well havn't they changed it to a better blue?
Sat 07/07/01 at 22:07
I for one wouldn't even consider buying an Xbox, unless Microsoft did something awful like stopping all the great games from being published on the PC. It's not that I don't like the Xbox, but it would make better sense to put a GeForce 3 in my PC, which already outspecs the Xbox by quite a margin (apart from the graphics card). I know the argument that consoles have more highly optimised games, but surely if a game is ported from Xbox to PC it will not take much effort to retain the optimisations made for the Xbox for GeForce 3 owners. Also I heard the Xbox version of the GeForce 3 has a slightly slower speed than the PC version (only marginally, though).

In view of that, the only console I am anticipating is the GameCube. The PS2 doesn't really interest me at the moment. The GameCube will link up with the GBA, and more importantly Nintendo and Rare make great games you won't find anywhere else, so the GameCube, although it looks like a kiddie's toy, is looking quite attractive right now....
Sat 07/07/01 at 19:23
Ive got to be fair, a lot of people have said that the GameBoyAdvance has only sold a few more units than the Playstation2 did at launch. However this is the Summer traditionally a bad time for games sales, and the Playstation 2 launched around Christmas.

Can you imagine how many people will have a GameBoyAdvance after Christmas this year, Nintendo will take some stopping.
Sat 07/07/01 at 09:15
Regular
"DS..."
I still say that the nintendo gamecube and gba are two of the finest games consoles around and together they are better than the ps2, the ps2 may have a ps-one built in but don't forget that the gba is 32-bit and together with the gamecube Nintendo are unstopable!
slik "_"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.