GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Want Final Fantasy VII remade?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Tue 13/07/04 at 08:20
Regular
[URL]http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?ff7gold[/URL]

The biggest FFVII remake petition on the site with over 2100 signatures.

You all know this is one of the greatest games ever, and truly deserves revamping for the current/next generation.

Please sign it - who knows, something might actually come of it...
Tue 13/07/04 at 18:10
"period drama"
Argh, no. Leave it alone.
By all means make the sequel and prequel, but the main story is perfect as it is.
Tue 13/07/04 at 21:59
Regular
witch-king wrote:
> Would any1 actually buy basically the same game?

Nintendo seem to be getting away with this sort of stuff all the time...
Wed 14/07/04 at 19:11
"period drama"
When's that then?
Wed 14/07/04 at 19:14
Regular
"Bicycle"
I dont want FFVII again.

I refuse to play sequels.

Go away.
Wed 14/07/04 at 21:42
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> When's that then?

All their re-releases of the Mario games and the NES classics.

Er, come to think about it, that's a bad comparison. Ignore me :D
Wed 14/07/04 at 23:08
Regular
I don't think they should remake this game.

It's a classic the way it is, and bringing it up to date on a newer platform will not do it any added justice.

Resident Evil benefitted greatly from having updated graphics on the Gamecube, but an RPG update would not be given as big a boost with better graphics.

The game is one of the best ever, it should be laid to rest that way and not milked as a cash cow.

Rereleased as a PS2 game, on a PSOne disc maybe, but not redone already, maybe in 10-15 years time if the PSOne version is not compatible with hardware, but not now, not this soon.
Thu 15/07/04 at 17:20
Regular
"~DPG~"
Old Man Eric wrote:
> I'd have to agree with the two guys below. Since FF7 the games have
> gradually gone downhill.
>
> FF8 was good. FF9 was alright. FF10 smelled fishy. FF10-2 was pishy.

FF9 was better than FF8! I REALLY WANT A REMAKE OF FF7. I would pay upto £40 is cash anyday. Final Fantasy was better when Square-Soft were there. Square-Enix had better start getting their act together...
Fri 16/07/04 at 12:36
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Argh, no. Leave it alone.
> By all means make the sequel and prequel, but the main story is
> perfect as it is.

How could they have a sequel? Sephiroth, by far the coolest character, is dead. A prequel, maybe, but not a sequel.

I heard this crazy idea that FFX-2 was actually the prequel to FF7. You know Shinra(sounds familiar, could be an ancestor) told Yuna he could extract the energy of the planet from the farplane? Lifeforce anyone?

FF9 and 7 rule uber alles.
Fri 16/07/04 at 13:47
Regular
"Jackpot!"
In my opinion FF8 is the best one, I used to think seven was but ff8 just seems better. Yea I thinkthat they should remake ff7 by adding in the characters from FF7: Advent Children and using the same graphics as that for the fmv sequences.
Fri 16/07/04 at 16:25
Regular
"Taking Back Sunday"
My personal order of the FFs would be:

FF7 > FF9 > FFX > FF3 > FFX-2 > FF8

although I prefer Chrono Trigger on the SNES to any of the Final Fantasy titles

witch-king wrote:
> I heard this crazy idea that FFX-2 was actually the prequel to FF7.
> You know Shinra(sounds familiar, could be an ancestor) told Yuna he
> could extract the energy of the planet from the farplane? Lifeforce
> anyone?

There are many pointers towards this conclusion; anyone who has played FF7 will remember Barret saying "Y'all at Shinra are the vermin...and that makes you King VERMIN!" to President Shinra near the beginning and this rather bizarrely leads to the boss King VERMIN! on FFX-2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.