GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Prince Of Persia"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'prince of persia'.
Tue 03/08/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I'm expecting alot from this game; it sounds very interesting and basic.

That is exactly what I want; I’m getting the game tomorrow (if Royal Mail don’t want their postman dead) and cant wait to be honest.

I haven't got a proper game for ages, proper game as in a game with a good storyline, good characters and smooth gameplay. I've read Gamespot's review of the game and it's pretty promising, they describe alot about the game like how easy it is and how it's the story that really makes this game unique, this is exactly what I’m looking for because I’m not the best when it comes to completing games, as much as I like games I just cant seem to complete them, I always either get fed up with the game or I get stuck in the game.

"...at no point during Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time will you get particularly stuck, if at all." - Gamespot

This has really convinced me that I will definitely enjoy this game and should complete it quite quickly. I've also read the preview for Prince Of Persia 2 and that’s what really made me want to play Sands Of Time, that is also why I don’t mind if it's dead easy because I want to get into the series so I can enjoy Prince Of Persia 2 just as much and understand the story.
Tue 10/08/04 at 01:12
Regular
"Bicycle"
Lies.

In PoP you get cool moves.

In SC you get the same animations, over and over and over and over again.

At least in PoP you get vaguely differing enviroments and character interaction.
Mon 09/08/04 at 21:09
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Smash Court is less repetitive than PoP.
Mon 09/08/04 at 18:03
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
It is a good game. I got it recently from play.com for £9.99 brand new and it was worth it.
Sat 07/08/04 at 21:19
Regular
"Bicycle"
You must go outside.

Or you get fat. Fat like a really, really fat cat. Really fat.

That or go to the gym, like me, and be a hypothetical game guru. Who knows a tiny bit about everything and nothing about most.

Ph34r it. Also, ph34r yourself and go to the gym if you even have a clue what ph34r means, and what the origin of the new revival of l33t is.

Also, ph34r holidays. Because they don't have gyms.
Sat 07/08/04 at 20:20
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I hardly go to the shops to get things now because it's too far, I cant be a$$ed and I can get it all on the 'Net.
Sat 07/08/04 at 20:18
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yeah...

Buy games online... Much cheaper. I do, on occasion.

eg. PoP : SoT £19.99 from GAME on Oxford Street...
PoP : SoT £9.99 from Play.com (no delivery charge).

Wow.

Only problem is not having the satisfaction of going home and playing the game. Which rocks.
Sat 07/08/04 at 20:09
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Yeah, just like Coin - I suck at games (Even Molopoly!)

:-(

But, it means easy games are more of a challenge which is alright I guess.

I've had a rest from PoP now as i'm getting a bit bored with the repetitive puzzels and swinging.

It's a great game until you've completed 50%, then it starts to get a bit 'Same old, same old' - Like.

I'll come back to it soon but I wont be having long plays at it anymore, i've played 7 hours already!

When I have a game I dont really like to complete it straight away, I just take my time, only play it about 1 hour a day and basically pace myself.

I dont get £40 everyday you know so when I do I like to spend it on a game and I expect to play that game for at least a following 2 months.

Now, i've got two other PS2 games (MGS2 + Starky and Hutch) but I dont really want to start playing any of them TBH.

I will get a new PS2 game soon...

Cant wait for GTA SA!
Sat 07/08/04 at 20:01
Regular
"Bicycle"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Coin wrote:
> How far are you?
>
> I completed the game in like... 5 days. (20 hours.)
>
> That's bloody ages.
> It took me eight, and that was at a reasonable pace. PoP is one of
> the shortest games of recent times - you must have finished it
> quicker than that.

Er, excuse me, I suck at computer games. Leave me alone.

Actually, I'm one of those 200 Hours to get halfway through FFIX people. Generally I'm level 100 quite quickly, but I have a bad sense of computer gaming. I'm hardcore, I search everywhere. Because I don't know where to go...

(From My Wife and Kids:

Dad: What are we?
Rest: Leaders!
Dad: What don't we do?
Rest: Follow!
Dad: Why?
Rest: 'Cos nobody knows where they're going!

Gotta love that.)
Sat 07/08/04 at 19:51
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Tell it like it is.
Sat 07/08/04 at 19:40
"period drama"
Coin wrote:
> How far are you?
>
> I completed the game in like... 5 days. (20 hours.)

That's bloody ages.
It took me eight, and that was at a reasonable pace. PoP is one of the shortest games of recent times - you must have finished it quicker than that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.