GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DOOM 3 - PC version leaked."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Sat 07/08/04 at 18:50
"Its Your Pleasure"
the PC version on Doom3 has been leaked over the net. dont know if you guys know this.

i havent got it but have played it at a friends house.

he had the settings turned down, and it looks great, it feels great, and its really not as scary as people are saying.

really when something jumps out at you, you just jump and then laugh as you shotguhn off its head.

its put me in a great mood for the xbox version.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:36
Regular
Okay, clearly you're just another Bell.

There's no way to argue with you because you're just too stupid to comprehend anything other than what your dull little brain tells you.

You go on doing what you're doing, I just hope one day someone breaks into your home while you're away and steals everything you own. And I hope people refuse to pay for your work because they can get it for free.

I can get any material object for free, does that mean I should even though it's breaking the law? According to you it does.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:36
Regular
"\\"
Gar-J wrote:
> Aoe wrote:
> Whitestripes is right for the most part (it's not techincally
> stealing, just downloading a copy, but is still very much against
> the
> law), sure the manufactured crap do indeed overcharge for their CDs,
> but the real bands certainly do not overcharge, if you even knew how
> hard it was to make a decent song, you'd know, but you don't, so
> unless you see all sides of the situation with some idea what's
> going
> on. Shh.
>
> A valiant effort, but sadly a waste of your time.
>
> 1. I have said that I know it's against the law. So what? I don't
> bang on like a little gimp every time you go over the speed limit, so
> I don't expect anyone to bang on when I get my music the way I want
> to.

I was just saying how it isn't technically stealing, but still against the law.

> 2. Again, bringing irrelevant aspects into the conversation isn't
> going to help matters. Whether writing a song is difficult or not is
> irrelevant - the cost of music is still much too high and the
> industry was taking advantage of people's love of music. I don't mind
> paying for anything if it's an honest cost, but I'm not going to be
> ripped off.

Hoho. Alot of music is indeed a ripoff, and for the real bands £10 is fair for an album.

> 3. Go and ask Noel Gallagher if he feels out of pocket with his
> various homes, dozens of cars and 80 million in the bank.

I shall. Somehow i doubt he does feel out of pocket though. What's that got to do with anything? He just happend to be tallented, and people liked the music.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:34
Regular
You seem to spend so much time trying to tell me how illegal it is, but I've already said many times - I know. But I don't care. A law doesn't make something morally wrong, and I'm not paying artificially inflated prices for something when I can get exactly the same thing for free.

End of fecking story.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:34
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Gar-J wrote:
> Guy buys music;
> Guy doesn't like price of music;
> Guy downloads music for free;
> Music industry makes prices cheaper to try an get guys like this
> back;

*reality check*

Music industry thinks "we have tons of cash and damn good lawyers, let's target those who do this and whack them with fines so large that,as has happened several times already in the US from our previous action, people have had to sell homes".

Fact is Garj, they dont want people like you back, they want to get rid of you, it's that simple. You don't see stores cutting prices to get shoplifters to buy stuff, do you. Nope, instead they prosecute and take measures to stop them in the future.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:31
Regular
Aoe wrote:
> Whitestripes is right for the most part (it's not techincally
> stealing, just downloading a copy, but is still very much against the
> law), sure the manufactured crap do indeed overcharge for their CDs,
> but the real bands certainly do not overcharge, if you even knew how
> hard it was to make a decent song, you'd know, but you don't, so
> unless you see all sides of the situation with some idea what's going
> on. Shh.

A valiant effort, but sadly a waste of your time.

1. I have said that I know it's against the law. So what? I don't bang on like a little gimp every time you go over the speed limit, so I don't expect anyone to bang on when I get my music the way I want to.

2. Again, bringing irrelevant aspects into the conversation isn't going to help matters. Whether writing a song is difficult or not is irrelevant - the cost of music is still much too high and the industry was taking advantage of people's love of music. I don't mind paying for anything if it's an honest cost, but I'm not going to be ripped off.

3. Go and ask Noel Gallagher if he feels out of pocket with his various homes, dozens of cars and 80 million in the bank.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:25
Regular
"\\"
Whitestripes is right for the most part (it's not techincally stealing, just downloading a copy, but is still very much against the law), sure the manufactured crap do indeed overcharge for their CDs, but the real bands certainly do not overcharge, if you even knew how hard it was to make a decent song, you'd know, but you don't, so unless you see all sides of the situation with some idea what's going on. Shh.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:20
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> No.
>
> Downloading an album is stealing, it's no different from walking into
> a music shop and taking a record without paying.

No you idiot. Stealing is removing an object from the shop. I simply have a copy of it.

> Is your intelligence so low you cannot even realise what you're doing
> is wrong and illegal?

Where did I say it wasn't illegal? Seems to me you're making stuff up here, which does tend to happen when a moron doesn't understand what he is talking about. I know it's illegal, but so is doing 75mph on a motorway in your car. Does this mean people don't do it? Maybe in the fluffy little world that you live in, but in reality, no.

> If you have a job

Yes, I do thanks, and it pays very well. I'd be amazed if I didn't make twice what you're on.

But again, like I have already said (I can see this little game of "repeat what you say" is a favourite of yours), it's the principle of it more than the money. I have plenty of money to spend on such things, but I'm not going to allow myself to be ripped off - which is why I happily pay for my games when I could also get them for free.

IS THIS GETTING THROUGH TO YOU YET?

> Now imagine all those bands doing their work; writing songs,
> recording them, producing them etc. And thanks to you they aren't
> getting their money for their work.

Once again, making stuff up. What a stupid little boy you are. The difference (which you would know had you any sense because I've already said it) is that the music industry ripped people off. I'll use another metaphor to help you understand:

Two builders work in the same town. They do the same work, to the same specification and the same quality. One does all of his work for free and the other rips people off, charging many, many times the cost of materials.

Tell me, you idiot, which builder would you get to work on your house?

Exactly.

Now feck off.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:10
Regular
No.

Downloading an album is stealing, it's no different from walking into a music shop and taking a record without paying.

Is your intelligence so low you cannot even realise what you're doing is wrong and illegal?

If you have a job, which I doubt cause you sound like you're about 9 years old, imagine if you did all that work but you never got payed for it.

Now imagine all those bands doing their work; writing songs, recording them, producing them etc. And thanks to you they aren't getting their money for their work.

Well done, have a badge.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:59
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I didn't like the price of milk down the cornershop.
>
> So I told the guy:
>
> "I'm taking these for free, and will keep doing so until you cut
> your prices in half."
>
> I went back later and shotgunned him in the face, then I told his
> kids you must never pay for anything because everything is
> overpriced.
>
>
> I'm an A-Star Superstar baby, you're all cockheads for not doing what
> I do.

... which is absolutely nothing like downloading mp3s. Since your below-average IQ obvously needs some form of mataphor to help you understand, I'll resume your milk story.

Downloading mp3s is taking a carton of his milk, duplicating it (do you know what this word means?) and giving his milk back. He doesn't lose anything, but I get what I want. He can then duplicate something that I have (let's say he wants some bread) and take that in exchange. That way, we both have bread and milk, and neither of us had to pay anything.

Now I know your head is probably starting to hurt with having to take in all this information, but it boils down to this: you *are* a "cockhead" as you put it, as I started my post in here by saying that everyone was different, and no-one could expect to impose their own values on someone else.

I'll do what I like and you can suck it if you think I'm going to change for you.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:53
Regular
I didn't like the price of milk down the cornershop.

So I told the guy:

"I'm taking these for free, and will keep doing so until you cut your prices in half."

I went back later and shotgunned him in the face, then I told his kids you must never pay for anything because everything is overpriced.

Then I whipped them with the butt of my rifle so I could take their DVDs, because they're way too overpriced so I only take them for free.

I'm an A-Star Superstar baby, you're all cockheads for not doing what I do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.