GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TimeSplitters 2..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:44
Regular
Been playing this a lot recently and I seem to have reawoken my love for it. Multiplayer is just so brilliant, there's so many different modes and options it still feels fresh today.

Been trying out a few new game modes, Leech in particular, and also Shrink. Any game with a team of Monkeys and Robofish with Anaconda playing in the background deserves a medal. It looks hilarious when you have one-shot kills on, slappers only and there's a group of different sized monkeys punching the crap out of each other. The Snowman screaming "I'm melting!" as you lay into him with the flamethrower is genius.

I really can't believe I stopped playing this for so long, it's brilliant. It's no Goldeneye, but still one of the best FPS' I've played.

Oh, and WS, it's brilliant, so shush. :-P
Mon 23/08/04 at 06:21
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Argh, the challenges where you have to shoot the watermelons off the monkey's head.. when im shiit at sniping? Impossible.
Mon 23/08/04 at 02:02
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yeah me and my mates love this game. Handyman challenge is easy if you go to the double tommy guns as somebody said. I hate the monkey thing where everybodys on fire and you have to get the bananas.

On the virus ones I usually camp somewhere good.
Sat 14/08/04 at 14:59
Regular
"Shoot-em-up freak"
The Assaults are the bets although they would be better if u could play against other human players, & i think it is definetely better than Goldeneye, but just not quite Perfect dark which is the best console multi-player shoot-em up i know
Sat 14/08/04 at 14:43
Regular
Bah, just remembered I've only got a bronze on Rice Cracker Rush. That's quite a git to complete.
Sat 14/08/04 at 13:13
Regular
"the burning sky"
Just completed the last two Virus ones, i just camped out on both of them with a good weapon and shot anyone that came close to me... still a few more levels left tho'
Sat 14/08/04 at 12:42
Regular
I agree that GoldenEye's better, but then I preferred GoldenEye to Perfect Dark. The TimeSplitters 2 single player I mildly enjoyed. By itself, it's average, but play it on the harder setting and you'll find some interesting objectives and rewarding gameplay. It ain't bad. The arcade challenges are also good fun, if a little frustrating at points.
Sat 14/08/04 at 11:52
Regular
"the burning sky"
Rickoss wrote:
> The one where you have to get that Robots battery and the in the
> morgue? Just got Platinum on the first one the other day and Gold on
> the other.
>
> :-)

I have gold and some platinums in everything apart from;
Disco Inferno
Burns Dept
R109 Beta
Superfly Lady (assault)
Bags of Fun
Nice Threads

and then the two story challenges...
Sat 14/08/04 at 11:46
Regular
Tomoose wrote:
> Which is the scrapyard one? I vaguely remember it....

Something about Threads in the title. F**king impossible!
Sat 14/08/04 at 11:45
Regular
"Teal'c"
Mattitude wrote:
> Timesplitters 2 kicks all FPS butts, i think its even better that the
> world-renowned Goldeneye

You are clearly mad.
Sat 14/08/04 at 11:44
Regular
The one where you have to get that Robots battery and the in the morgue? Just got Platinum on the first one the other day and Gold on the other.

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.