GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman's Crown Has Been Stolen"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 2: Silent Assassin'.
Tue 17/08/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yes finally a game has beaten Hitman for realistic rag doll physics. I got a game the other day called Psi-Ops - The Mind Gate Conspiracy, looked on the back and it seemed like another second rate action game and the fact it was being published by Midway didn't exactly inspire me with confidence, still i popped it in my PS2 and was greeted with a very big shock, this game wasn't half bad, in fact it was great and it's all down to the physics engine used in it.

In the game you have telepathic powers and one such power allows you to throw things around with your mind including enemies, watching them smash into barriers their limbs going every way in a very painful fashion was great to watch as when they hit the barriers with their legs they'd actually spin around and hit the floor on their head instead of just hitting an invisible wall. They'd bend over obstacles instead of going through them and virtually everything could be interacted with.

It's made me wonder why if a Midway game of all things can provide such a great piece of technology why every developer can't do it? If San Andreas' promised rag doll physics are even half as good as this then they'll be onto a winner

(on the downside the game is about 4 hours long, but then kicking a guy down 10 flights of stairs is pretty entertaining :-D)
Tue 17/08/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yes finally a game has beaten Hitman for realistic rag doll physics. I got a game the other day called Psi-Ops - The Mind Gate Conspiracy, looked on the back and it seemed like another second rate action game and the fact it was being published by Midway didn't exactly inspire me with confidence, still i popped it in my PS2 and was greeted with a very big shock, this game wasn't half bad, in fact it was great and it's all down to the physics engine used in it.

In the game you have telepathic powers and one such power allows you to throw things around with your mind including enemies, watching them smash into barriers their limbs going every way in a very painful fashion was great to watch as when they hit the barriers with their legs they'd actually spin around and hit the floor on their head instead of just hitting an invisible wall. They'd bend over obstacles instead of going through them and virtually everything could be interacted with.

It's made me wonder why if a Midway game of all things can provide such a great piece of technology why every developer can't do it? If San Andreas' promised rag doll physics are even half as good as this then they'll be onto a winner

(on the downside the game is about 4 hours long, but then kicking a guy down 10 flights of stairs is pretty entertaining :-D)
Tue 17/08/04 at 20:54
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
I have got the game, and first impressions...fantastic. I spoke about this a while ago and have not changed my opinion. My favourite bit is when you control a block of concrete and surf along it. Its truly mind-blowing. You can control guards and make them kill fellow officers. I was truly amazed and take my hat-off for the originallity of the game.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i love the Mind Control too, loved making the soldiers on the skyline bit just commit suicide by jumping through the hole in it and also just making them go up to gas canisters and blowing themselves up
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:07
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Have to hand it to them, originallity is exceptional.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
just a shame the game is so short.

Also was it me or did it remind you of Timesplitters graphically, the characters i mean, especially Nick. The whole cartoony look
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:16
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
lalakersrule wrote:
> just a shame the game is so short.
>
> Also was it me or did it remind you of Timesplitters graphically, the
> characters i mean, especially Nick. The whole cartoony look

It reminded me of a sort of Quake meets Doom sort of feel. I enjoyed it though, i even went past the facts of the longevity and the AI.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Plus Barret and his hairstyles rule :-D

But the Marleena glitch sucked
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:20
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
I went through the game with ease though.

It was the problem, did you have the same problem?
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:23
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> Also was it me or did it remind you of Timesplitters graphically, the
> characters i mean, especially Nick. The whole cartoony look

Funnily enough, Free Radical are currently developing Second Sight - a similarly psycho-kinetic game that uses the TS2 engine.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i did, wasn't any real challenge, the boss fights that are supposedly the hardest parts of the game were really easy and the last battle was a joke, didn't even take a hit.

The Aura Beasts gave me a slight problem but that was it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.