GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE NINTENDO DS V.S. THE SONY PSP"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 12:40
Regular
"shaman king rules"
I think that the nintendo ds will be a much bigger hit than the psp because of the fact the game boy series lead the way in handheld gaming and the public know it's standards are higher and the fact that the pocket station (one of sony's earlier failed attempts at a handheld) was a complete flop. The psp is just a game boy advance with better graphics and discs instead of the relatively old cartridge format whilst the nintendo ds is one of the inovative pieces of equipment since well urm........EVER.
Tue 22/03/05 at 17:36
Regular
"wa hay"
iv'e looked at a lot of reviews about the ds and the psp. the psp is more money,why? because sony psp has features a ds does not have.The psp has better graphics,the psp has mp3 player i'm not sure about how much memory it holds but it will be a lot.The psp also can play dvds i'm not sure how but i think you put the dvd onto a memory stick.I've heard that it has wireless internet but i think it can't be that good for the price it's at.
Tue 22/03/05 at 18:54
Regular
"Hello, Mr Freeman!"
The DS may not be as powerful as the PSP, but, Nintendo have always managed to hold off any handheld competitor. Let's not forget, they have been in a similar position before when SEGA were taking them on with the Gamegear. The Gameboy wasn't as powerful and didn't have colour, but still reigned supreme. The Atari Lynx also lost out.

You should never underestimate Nintendo, especially when it comes to handhelds.

Saying that though, the PSP does look meaty, and if anyone can take the handheld crown away from Nintendo, my bet would be on Sony.
Sat 26/03/05 at 14:36
Regular
"wa hay"
well ps2 wouldn't of got the idea of portable gaming if it wasn't for nintendo
Sat 26/03/05 at 15:45
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Sony wouldn't even be in the console market if it wasn't for Nintendo.

WHY did Nintendo have to sell them out for Mitshubishi?
Mon 28/03/05 at 20:54
Regular
"be destroyed"
ds kicks the psps ass
Fri 01/04/05 at 00:47
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Dringo wrote:
> But the graphics are meaningless.... GRRRRRRR!

Tripe. You telling me a beautiful game isn't preferable to an ugly one, all else equal? The stylised approach taken in, say, Rez and Viewtful Joe, had nothing to do with their greatness? That the ability to clearly see what's going on isn't rather important? Remembering that we are dealing with a smaller form by default, that final point is a rather big issue.

> This is the war of Graphics Vs. Gameplay...

No it isn't, it's fanboy fools versus fanboy fools all over again.

> I just hope Gameplay wins out. If it doesn't. Then gaming may just
> fall.

Is the irony that Lumines is the most warmly received PSP title lost totally? Playing it on a huge, bright, crisp screen makes it all the better; shoe-horning in some contrivance to allow for a second, touch-enabled screen wouldn't, like it won't for 99% of all games.
Fri 01/04/05 at 01:01
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
The bottom line is that the general public succumb to adverts...

At work;

The Ninty Touch me advert came on TV and a couple of guys went - "Thats really cool I want one, is that the new handheld Playstation?"...

At the end of the day the general public are clueless when it comes to specs etc... all that matters is how cool a machine is perceived to be.

Sad but true.
Thu 19/05/05 at 13:14
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Lets face it, the PSP will bury the DS. It's as simple as that.

It matters not what games are released on the DS, or that it's cheaper. The fact is, Sony make the PSP. It will sell to the masses on brand name alone. Nintendo don't have that luxury.

Add to that the PSP's extra features and graphical capabilities, and it'll run away with the market.

I own a DS. I don't want it to get raped in the open market, but I know it will.

The best selling console will be whichever one sports the name 'Sony'.
Sun 12/06/05 at 13:33
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
I fear this too.I also have a DS but I have found myself wanting a PSP.I don't normally care about graphics.One of the things that make me want a PSP is the prospect of carrying around music and games on the same thing but I still want Nintendo to win the handheld war.

Nintendo=Innovation

Sony=Constipation(they keep on churning out the same sort of s*** that is very slighty different)
Tue 21/06/05 at 15:56
Regular
"Hallelujah"
*Reads topic, laughs*

Nintendo = retarded. They claim to be inovative and creative, but thats another way of sayin "differnt", which is a better way of sayin "un-popular"

Sure Sony has some similarities, but they wouldn't if they werent succesful. For instance Network gaming, people don't want that do they? Or a console that plays DVD, what a lame idea! 4.7gb DVD games? Backward compatability? who wants all that junk when you could have a tiny console? Or a console that looks special. Nah, what people want and what Nintedno make are 2 differnt things. Nintendo tells its fans what they like, not asks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.