GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The SR Battle of Hoth...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Thu 16/09/04 at 15:56
Regular
Which of you slaaaaags is getting Battlefront and has Live then?

Me thinks we should all get together on Live and play all the battles from the original trilogy at some point. Not particuarly fussed about the prequels though I would like to kick some Ja Ja Binks ass around the place.

Only 1 week till the game should be in my hands, will hopefully be filling the online gap that the crappy Burnout 3 servers left.
Thu 23/09/04 at 00:04
Regular
"good news everyone"
My copy of star wars battlefront has been despatched today so i should receive it by friday so i can play it over the weekend. I ave played the demo on the star wars dvd and i think it is excellent.
Wed 22/09/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Touched!"
Heh, I remember a lad in my old steet who had every bloody classic Star Wars toy going, he was a spoilt brat, I was so jealous lol, he would make a fortune off those figures now.
Wed 22/09/04 at 22:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Definatly the best film ever. When I was little I used to watch it everyday over and over again. Especially the Battle of Hoth. I was just obssessed with ATATs. ;-))

I used to have all the toys and spent everyday setting up the Hoth battle and blowing up the Rebels. In fact the worst day of my life was when my Mum gave away my ATAT to my cousins as I got a little older and the gits broke its legs off and stuff, turning it into a shadow of its former glory. :-(

Finally a Star Wars game has cattered to my needs. ;-)
Wed 22/09/04 at 22:54
Regular
"Touched!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Was reading some s**tuff written by American gamers earleir saying the
> game runs excellently online, even 24 player games run without lag on
> dedicated servers.
>
> Apparently though the PS2 version is bugged to sh*t.

Any ideas what the bugs were? Not to be dis-respectful to the PS2 but I rekon the framerate mus**t suffer a fair bit with 16 players online. Looking forward to this very much.
Wed 22/09/04 at 22:52
Regular
Was reading some s**tuff written by American gamers earleir saying the game runs excellently online, even 24 player games run without lag on dedicated servers.

Apparently though the PS2 version is bugged to sh*t.
Wed 22/09/04 at 22:51
Regular
"Touched!"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Hey me too. ;-) Just had the Battle of Hoth rattling the walls of
> the house. ::kissing my surround sound::

The Empire Strikes back is an amazing film, best film ever I rekon, just about to watch it now :D
Wed 22/09/04 at 22:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hey me too. ;-) Just had the Battle of Hoth rattling the walls of the house. ::kissing my surround sound::
Wed 22/09/04 at 22:13
Regular
"Touched!"
Got my confirmation Email earlier, should have this tomorrow, just watching the DVD's at the moment.
Wed 22/09/04 at 20:38
Regular
"Touched!"
Looks like it could be brilliant online, apart from the iffy framerate which is corrected in the final release this seems like it's gonna be big on Live :D
Wed 22/09/04 at 20:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
The best you can do is to really watch yourself along the obvious path, then go around the traps. You still have to be cautious of rocket launcher troops though. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.