GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OXM RANT!!! PLEASE READ"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/09/04 at 11:59
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Ok seeing as this gets deleted on the official site i think ill post it on here.
A few readers have noticed 2 big mistakes in 2 games that were reviewed this month[issue34]which has bought up the question, do the staff even play the games they are reviewing??
The first was Headhunter which they gave 5.8. They complained about the graphics[funny seeing as they look like Prince of persia sands of time, which they said looked great]. But the big problem was this, 'The odd bike chase succeeds in breaking up the on-foot action' Now anyone who has played Headhunter will tell you that the Bike bits were taken out of the game.
The seconed one is Madden 2005 which they gave 8.5. Saying that there was LIVE play for up to 4 players, again this is not true as the Pal version does not support live play[this is the official mage and only reviews Pal games]. The question again did they even play the game??
Im sorry but how bad can it be if a mag is having to cut corners in their reviews?? How bad is it when Amuze[makers of headhunter] have to wright a letter on the OXM site about the false comments in the review?
I dont know any other mag that does this sort of thing?
Like i said if this sort of thing is posted on the official site they just delete it with instead of being grown ups and dealing with the matter properly.
Fri 17/09/04 at 15:00
Regular
"8==="
thebestbit wrote:
> Oh and heres a new one for me..just tried to join a game on burnout
> and it just crashed while connecting to the room...think i might have
> to take this back...Infact might get rid of all my EA games, they all
> seem to have disk problems anyways.

Yeah I have had that problem but only with EA games.
Fri 17/09/04 at 14:59
Regular
My FIFA 2004 on the Gamecube crashes all the time. Not only does it crash, it sends the gamecube into a hissy fit making an extremely load buzzing noise. Boy, were my parents pleased when this happened at 2 in the morning.
Fri 17/09/04 at 14:54
Regular
Oh and heres a new one for me..just tried to join a game on burnout and it just crashed while connecting to the room...think i might have to take this back...Infact might get rid of all my EA games, they all seem to have disk problems anyways.
Fri 17/09/04 at 14:50
Regular
i think the reason EA use their own rubbish servers is soo when the next version of the game comes out they can close down the old ones, Its anything they can do to make money.
Fri 17/09/04 at 14:45
Regular
Why didn't they just use the servers that Microsoft offer?

Bit of an illogical move on EA's front, Microsoft offers them perfects usable servers that have been optimised for use with Xbox Live, yet they decide to go the other way and use their own

On another note, OXM sucks ass.
Fri 17/09/04 at 14:36
Regular
I wonder if they're researching solutions into improving their sucky ass company, stupid soundtrack, annoying advertising and f***ed up lobby system. That's what the reply would have me believe so I'll be complaining again in the future if I don't see action.
Fri 17/09/04 at 14:33
Regular
"8==="
Just found my receipt for Burnout 3 and am thinking it over...
Fri 17/09/04 at 14:32
Regular
> We are aware of the issues you have raised and we are currently
> researching the possible causes and solutions.

Well bloody hurry up. I've only managed to connect to EA 4 times since I've had this game and then only on 2 occasions could I get into a game and start racing.
Fri 17/09/04 at 14:18
Regular
Man, EA are worse than OXM. I sent this to them...

What's up with you guys?

"First of all everything's rosey "EA are going Live" was the announcement and everyone was happy. Then Burnout 3 was released and it dawned on eveyone that EA were still the sucky company that they've always been. "We'll run our own servers or we won't make Live games because we're a money hungry company that really couldn't careless about our customers" that must have been the thought process I'm guessing.

How could you release a game with so many online errors it's just not even funny. The thing is though if you weren't so freaking money hungry you could have gone with Microsofts servers and everyone would have been happy, you'd have made a shedload of money and gamers wouldn't have to put up with your crappy lobby system and getting chucked off every 5 minutes because of a server error. What makes me laugh though is the actual game is freaking superb, it's only the bits that you guys handled that suck ass. The soundtrack, the online servers, the constant in your face annoying advertising.

Then to top it all I've jusy found out that EA's supposed LIVE SUPPORT doesn't really take it into account that in EUROPE we might like to play Tiger Woods online, is it really too much to ask?

You guys suck, you've got some good games don't get me wrong but your company is just terrible. I really think gamers should boycott your sorry ass excuse for a company until you actually start caring a bit about gamers and the products you put out and not just the fat wads of cash in your pockets.

Anyway I'm just about to return to the shop to get my money back on Burnout 3, i don't like buying games and then finding out the online section is the most half assed attempt I've ever layed eyes on. Thanks a lot EA, you've really out done yourselves this time. "

And they reply with this, totally ignoring what I said.

"Hi Tim

Thank you for your message.

We are aware of the issues you have raised and we are currently researching the possible causes and solutions. A server update was performed on Tuesday 14th September to improve reliability when reconnecting to EA after a race, however we are continuing to research further.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused whilst we continue to investigate the problem.

I can update you directly when I have more news. If you would like me to do this, please update this incident to let me know.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Best Regards,

Bill"

Freaking idiots. After this I really am considering trading in Burnout 3 once I'm done with the single player and I certainly won't be rushing out to buy any of their other games.
Fri 17/09/04 at 14:10
Regular
YEP unless its MS or EA OXM tend to not really care.
and thanks for posting the letter sirguffil

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.