GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OXM RANT!!! PLEASE READ"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/09/04 at 11:59
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Ok seeing as this gets deleted on the official site i think ill post it on here.
A few readers have noticed 2 big mistakes in 2 games that were reviewed this month[issue34]which has bought up the question, do the staff even play the games they are reviewing??
The first was Headhunter which they gave 5.8. They complained about the graphics[funny seeing as they look like Prince of persia sands of time, which they said looked great]. But the big problem was this, 'The odd bike chase succeeds in breaking up the on-foot action' Now anyone who has played Headhunter will tell you that the Bike bits were taken out of the game.
The seconed one is Madden 2005 which they gave 8.5. Saying that there was LIVE play for up to 4 players, again this is not true as the Pal version does not support live play[this is the official mage and only reviews Pal games]. The question again did they even play the game??
Im sorry but how bad can it be if a mag is having to cut corners in their reviews?? How bad is it when Amuze[makers of headhunter] have to wright a letter on the OXM site about the false comments in the review?
I dont know any other mag that does this sort of thing?
Like i said if this sort of thing is posted on the official site they just delete it with instead of being grown ups and dealing with the matter properly.
Fri 17/09/04 at 11:59
Regular
Ok seeing as this gets deleted on the official site i think ill post it on here.
A few readers have noticed 2 big mistakes in 2 games that were reviewed this month[issue34]which has bought up the question, do the staff even play the games they are reviewing??
The first was Headhunter which they gave 5.8. They complained about the graphics[funny seeing as they look like Prince of persia sands of time, which they said looked great]. But the big problem was this, 'The odd bike chase succeeds in breaking up the on-foot action' Now anyone who has played Headhunter will tell you that the Bike bits were taken out of the game.
The seconed one is Madden 2005 which they gave 8.5. Saying that there was LIVE play for up to 4 players, again this is not true as the Pal version does not support live play[this is the official mage and only reviews Pal games]. The question again did they even play the game??
Im sorry but how bad can it be if a mag is having to cut corners in their reviews?? How bad is it when Amuze[makers of headhunter] have to wright a letter on the OXM site about the false comments in the review?
I dont know any other mag that does this sort of thing?
Like i said if this sort of thing is posted on the official site they just delete it with instead of being grown ups and dealing with the matter properly.
Fri 17/09/04 at 12:05
Regular
"8==="
Magazines review pre-release sourcecode builds in order to beat their competition.

Just look at some mags 'reviews' of Driver 3 to get an idea of how trustworthy they are.

Look up the game you want at IGN, Gamespot and then look at some reviews here and you'll get a much better idea of what the game's like than reading a rag reliant on hype, bribes and advertising revenue.
Fri 17/09/04 at 12:44
Regular
No online play in Madden, does this mean we won't be getting online play in Tiger Woods 2005?

If so this sucks ass, EA can f**k off if this is true.
Fri 17/09/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Touched!"
No online play in Tiger Woods 2005, EA confirmed that the first four games to include this were NFSU2, Burnout 3, Timesplitters 3 and Fifa 2005.
Fri 17/09/04 at 13:04
Regular
But OXM say they on review finished games, clearly this is not the case.
Fri 17/09/04 at 13:06
Regular
The US gets it but we don't.

I've just sent a message to EA telling them in more polite words to f**k off.

I was actually glad to see them announce LIve play on games, now I'm really not so sure. Their servers suck ass and they don't seem to realise that over here we do actually play other sports as well as football.

Was really looking forward to a decent golf game online, stupid f***ing EA, this has really pi**ed me off.
Fri 17/09/04 at 13:20
Regular
are there still problems with burnout 3 on live?
Fri 17/09/04 at 13:23
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>
> If so this sucks ass, EA can f**k off if this is true.

hahaha :D
Fri 17/09/04 at 13:24
Regular
"8==="
thebestbit wrote:
> But OXM say they on review finished games, clearly this is not the
> case.

It's a typo: they only review Finnish games, the other reviews they just make up.
Fri 17/09/04 at 13:25
Regular
ahhhh i see explains why they made enter the matrix an elite game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.