GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shigeru Miyamoto Vs. Hideo Kojima!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 18:21
Regular
Mario Vs. Snake Solid? - Not quite, these, as you all probably know, are the men behind the two gaming icons. Shigsy has a litle more creativity, but there's no doubting that Hideo is one hell of a games maker!

MGS2 is probably the most sound game around. I know all of you will have your preferances, but through the critics eye, MGS2 is near-prefect...

But then again, would there be room for Snake Solid if Mario hadn't opened up the gaming industry?! I don't think so!

In my book, Shigsy wins, not just because of his 'wacky' games, although they're a deciding factor, but more because of what he's done for the industry. Mario Bros. broke ground... it has done everytime an installment of the series was released... and then running around in full 3D in Super Mario 64... Gaming heaven!

I don't really think Hideo has done half as much for the industry... My views may be one-sided, but I don't see how...

Based on my knowledge... which isn't loads but a lot... Shigsy is overall a better contributor to the industry...

Shigsy 1 - 0 Hideo

Who'll score next?

You decide.

Game
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:21
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Mario Vs. Snake Solid? - Not quite, these, as you all probably know, are the men behind the two gaming icons. Shigsy has a litle more creativity, but there's no doubting that Hideo is one hell of a games maker!

MGS2 is probably the most sound game around. I know all of you will have your preferances, but through the critics eye, MGS2 is near-prefect...

But then again, would there be room for Snake Solid if Mario hadn't opened up the gaming industry?! I don't think so!

In my book, Shigsy wins, not just because of his 'wacky' games, although they're a deciding factor, but more because of what he's done for the industry. Mario Bros. broke ground... it has done everytime an installment of the series was released... and then running around in full 3D in Super Mario 64... Gaming heaven!

I don't really think Hideo has done half as much for the industry... My views may be one-sided, but I don't see how...

Based on my knowledge... which isn't loads but a lot... Shigsy is overall a better contributor to the industry...

Shigsy 1 - 0 Hideo

Who'll score next?

You decide.

Game
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:31
Regular
""
MIYAMATO ALL THE WAY!
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:31
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yep, I'd definitely agree with you game. Shigsy has definitely contributed more to the gaming world. I mean, ok, sure, Hideo (or whatever the hell his name is) made Metal Gear Solid, a great game but I wasn't absolutely astonished by it like I was by Mario 64 and Zelda: TOOT. I'm looking more forward to Zelda GC than MGS2 although I can't wait for either of them to come out. I haven't got a PS2 and don't plan to get one but I know friends who do so when MGS2 is released, I may have to move in.

Another point to Shigsy.
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:33
Regular
""
Mario, Zelda and other Ninty wellknown characters! They are the best quality games on the markets!
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:33
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The Game wrote:
But then again, would there be room for
> Snake Solid if Mario hadn't opened up the gaming industry?! I don't
> think so!

Surely if Mario hadn't done it there would have been someone else to do it. Guess we will never know.
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:45
Regular
""
But can you imagine that! IT'S ME SOLID SNAKE! now move before i blOW YOUR GUTS OUT!
Tue 12/06/01 at 19:15
Regular
"Back For Good"
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Mario vs Solid Snake >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mario comes in from the conner "woohoo" Snake vanishes into thin air,Mario looks around puzzled then kaboom C4 sends mario for 6. Snake returns to the ring and the crowd cheers.

Mario finally comes around and luigi secretly hands him mushroom, Mario walks to the centre of the ring with his hand behind his back,He eats it and grows 30 feet tall, Snake gets his stinger missle launcher and aims right for mario's butt, bull's eye Mario shrinks to normal size and Snake Dissapears into the dark.

Mario gets his his secret weapon out and holds it like a sword, A mario fan says "oh my god it's the custom made toilet plunger"
Snake swings from the roof on a rope and shoots mario with a tranquilizer.Mario is out cold and Snake grabs his plunger and sticks it to Mario's butt. Mario tries to jump on Snake but it's no good he's just hurting himself.

Snake Comes out of his cardboard box and drags mario to the centre of the ring, er,er,er,er,er,er crack dual shock shudders.

ding ding

Snake Wins
Tue 12/06/01 at 19:18
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
hmmmmmmmmmm.......A completely unbiased boxing match.
Tue 12/06/01 at 19:19
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Sampras!
Agassi!
Sampras!
Agassi!
Sampras!
Agassi!
Sampras!
Agassi!

SonicRav comes out and says "IS there a third option?" Now that would make a great add!

NAKA!
:p
Sonic
Tue 12/06/01 at 20:05
Regular
""
The_Vottanator wrote:
> hmmmmmmmmmm.......A completely unbiased boxing match.

I think Mario was on top!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.