GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Carboot sale sucess"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/04 at 15:01
"The Will of D."
I actually decided since we were planning a carboot sale between me and my sister that I would sell my N64 and games at last. I had about 12 games and the Mario 64 N64 pack and I sold the whole lot, almost all but the N64 and the 5 of the games during the first 5 minutes of setting up by the really really early buyers. I sold each game to begin with at £5 a piece then down to 4. Then when i was down to 4 games and the N64 I was wondering whether i would actually sell them, then luckily 2 9-ish kids persuaded their dad to buy the 4 remaining games and te N64 with Mario 64 and controller for £30. So i got just over £55 for the whole lot. But of course that wasn't the only thing there we sold during the morning (had to get up at 615 and be there at 6:30 for the early morning rush to get there, 10 minutes after we got there there was a huge queue to get in to sell stuff. Me and my sister shared the total profit 50:50 (£107.30) and got £53.65 each (i told you coz not everybody can work it out). So it was quite a good time altogether.
Sun 19/09/04 at 15:01
"The Will of D."
I actually decided since we were planning a carboot sale between me and my sister that I would sell my N64 and games at last. I had about 12 games and the Mario 64 N64 pack and I sold the whole lot, almost all but the N64 and the 5 of the games during the first 5 minutes of setting up by the really really early buyers. I sold each game to begin with at £5 a piece then down to 4. Then when i was down to 4 games and the N64 I was wondering whether i would actually sell them, then luckily 2 9-ish kids persuaded their dad to buy the 4 remaining games and te N64 with Mario 64 and controller for £30. So i got just over £55 for the whole lot. But of course that wasn't the only thing there we sold during the morning (had to get up at 615 and be there at 6:30 for the early morning rush to get there, 10 minutes after we got there there was a huge queue to get in to sell stuff. Me and my sister shared the total profit 50:50 (£107.30) and got £53.65 each (i told you coz not everybody can work it out). So it was quite a good time altogether.
Sun 19/09/04 at 15:38
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
You'll regret selling your N64.

Trust me :' {
Sun 19/09/04 at 15:54
"The Will of D."
I've got a GC and I don't even use it anymore, plus it's complicated to use the wires now that i have digital tv. Plus my fav games OoT and majoras mask are already available to me on the GC due to special disks.
Sun 19/09/04 at 16:04
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
You'll miss it when you realise you can no longer play Body Harvest, Jet Force Gemini, Banjo Kazooie, Snowboard Kids... :' {
Sun 19/09/04 at 16:58
Regular
You will miss your N64 one day.

Especially as it's such a milestone system.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:01
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Banjo Kazooie

So true. So painful, but so true
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:07
"The Will of D."
Memorandum! wrote:
> You'll miss it when you realise you can no longer play Body Harvest,
> Jet Force Gemini, Banjo Kazooie, Snowboard Kids... :' {

Banjo being the only one on there i had, plus one of my best friends (i have 4, i consider all 4 more important friends than my other ones) has banjo kazooie already, so i can always just play it there, along with my unsold copy of mario kart 64 and original grey controller which i let him borrow, now he can buy it from me as he wished to purchase any games left over, which there were none except this.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:12
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
There's a Snowboard Kids game in development for the NDS. I cried with tears of joy when I found that out.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have Banjo. And Body Harvest. And JFG. And OOT. etc.....
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:23
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
PsYİHo FoX 1987 wrote:
> Banjo being the only one on there i had

You didn't have Body Harvest, JFG or Snowboard Kids?!
What the hell is wrong with you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.