GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Money Money Money!!! Whats the Point!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 17:53
Regular
As a lot of gaming companys have noticed that gaming attracts money to there buisness. And that if they make a succseful game money will come rolling in!

But sometimes it goes to far. I think putting a game console at £300 is ridiclous. This is only going to put people off buying a PS2, If they started the PS2 off at £200, many more people would of bought one.

I dont think PS2 has had a very sucsseful start in England, first it is far to expensive for people to afford and also there were hardly any in the country.

For a console to have a good futre it has to have a good start, this is proven with the PSX. That has to be the most succesful console at this time, it even beat off the DC which is a newer and with a better memory and speed, but again people setteld with there cheap, but brilliant PSX. Where every ounce of polygon and memory has been used!

:)
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:11
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I guess there must be alot of people out there who would listen if there was enough people out there who would care and take part then maybee the would have to listen. join the revolution
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:09
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Yeha thats a good idea, but Gaming companys are too powerful and wont listen!

Sun 10/06/01 at 18:05
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Maybee its time to take action. why not try get SR to start a pettition where we all send in our e-mail address then get them to send it to the big name companies asking for games and consoles to be suitably priced. If prices dropped more products would be sold so companies wouldn't really loose money, they may even make more.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:02
The prices are high because video gaming is such a big industry and the developers want to take advantage of it.
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:53
Regular
"Hoo Har"
As a lot of gaming companys have noticed that gaming attracts money to there buisness. And that if they make a succseful game money will come rolling in!

But sometimes it goes to far. I think putting a game console at £300 is ridiclous. This is only going to put people off buying a PS2, If they started the PS2 off at £200, many more people would of bought one.

I dont think PS2 has had a very sucsseful start in England, first it is far to expensive for people to afford and also there were hardly any in the country.

For a console to have a good futre it has to have a good start, this is proven with the PSX. That has to be the most succesful console at this time, it even beat off the DC which is a newer and with a better memory and speed, but again people setteld with there cheap, but brilliant PSX. Where every ounce of polygon and memory has been used!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.