GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Outrun 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/09/04 at 14:06
Regular
"Touched!"
Just wondered if anyone is bothering with this? It's out on friday and I think I'm going to hang on a week until I get my big paycheck before getting this. I've been playing the demo a little and I'm pretty impressed with the Live play, hopefully some of you lot on will pick this up at some point, it's about time a classic arcade game was playable on Live.
Tue 28/09/04 at 13:28
Regular
"8==="
'has become and always was'

gotta love the early 90's controller with no decent alternative.

If it ain't broke don't fix it (but don't buy it either).
Tue 28/09/04 at 13:24
Regular
Let's face it, the PS2 is fast becoming a steaming pile of cow-dung.
Tue 28/09/04 at 13:22
"I love yo... lamp."
So GT4 lost its biggest feature, online play? True, GT and GT2 were great, but that was a long time ago now. Forza Motorsport appears to do everything GT4 will and have online play. GT was once a great franchise, now I think it is past its best.
Tue 28/09/04 at 13:15
Regular
I played both Outrun 2 and Burnout 3 at Gamestars Live and, quite frankly, Outrun 2 urinated on Burnout from a great height.

However, I'm going to be getting Juiced, Halo 2 and Fable so Outrun may have to wait a while...
Tue 28/09/04 at 08:31
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Oh and Alistair, GT4 was pretty nasty going by the Prologue thing.
> Just get Forza Motorsport for the Xbox instead. Looks better and has
> more of everything.

The Prologue was a build, Sony themselves have said a lot has gone on since then. They have scrapped online in the hope to get things back to how they should be. Both Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo 2 are up there as all time greats. A-Spec lost it's way due to the fact that track length and number of laps was just ridiculous. Some races took me literally 3-4 hours going round the same track in a modded/fast car just to get first. Managed to clock the f'ker in the end though and although it was thouroughly enjoyable for the first 10-20 hours, after 177 hours it extremely tedious, then again so do most games.

GT4 is a most buy as far as I am concerned, no game is like it on any system. The card modding capabilities are unique and by what I have read and seen it looks like there is even more in there this time. Hopefully they will cut down the number of long events to concentrate on the rally side and the Grand Prix events, either way I already have my copy pre-ordered.
Tue 28/09/04 at 06:54
Regular
I think I'll just stick to the demo I have. I can't see it entertaining me as much as Burnout 3 does.

Also, there are a load more other games due out I'd rather have.
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:58
Regular
I had it on the speccy and the amiga.

Played it the other week on an emulator actually. Wasn't as good as I remembered it.
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:57
Regular
I'd definetly pick it up when it comes down in price, just can't see it being worth full price.

Old skool Outrun rocked. I had it on Atari St, damn thing was the slowest loading game I've ever seen.
Mon 27/09/04 at 18:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I agree with Biggles. Outrun was special. I will eventually get this as it will always remind me of the great Outrun memories.
Mon 27/09/04 at 17:47
"I love yo... lamp."
Outrun was special. It was up there in the special stakes with Sonic, Goldeneye, Doom. Outrun 2 is on my list, I will be getting it, though perhaps not immediately due to time constraints.

Oh and Alistair, GT4 was pretty nasty going by the Prologue thing. Just get Forza Motorsport for the Xbox instead. Looks better and has more of everything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.