GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wow, real close match"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/11/05 at 00:32
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
[URL]http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e11511/live_lng0_spo22_evt11511_mtc128935.shtml[/URL]
Mon 14/11/05 at 19:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> You were lucky to stay in it after Rooney got injured, do shush.

Stop pretending you're Welsh, it's entirely unconvincing.
Mon 14/11/05 at 19:38
Regular
"0228"
Rooney schmooney.

Reasons England lost to Portugal:
- The bas' face ref
- Beckham's penalty
- Vassel's penalty
- David James' inability to save a single penalty
Mon 14/11/05 at 19:33
Regular
You were lucky to stay in it after Rooney got injured, do shush.
Mon 14/11/05 at 19:33
Regular
"0228"
Stryke wrote:
> English fans cried for
> ages about that Swiss ref denying Sol Campbell a goal (which he was
> right to do)

Lies. England beat Portugal.
Mon 14/11/05 at 19:30
Regular
Blank wrote:
> And Carvalho obstructs the keeper too much for me to like him.

--

Y'know, that gets mentioned far less than I'd like. It -should- be ranked up therew with Hand of God unfairness. English fans cried for ages about that Swiss ref denying Sol Campbell a goal (which he was right to do) and it's been ignored that Chelsea cheated their way to the semis. Ah well, at least it provides ammo when I feel like arguing about the Garcia goal.

--
Luque, Reyes, Albelda,
> Salgado, Marchena, Ibanez,

--

Portuguese equivalents are all better than these. There are plenty of your Spanish names that have Portuguese equals (Xavi and Deco, for example) but these players are clearly worse than: Ronaldo, Figo, Maniche, Miguel/Ferriera, Andrade & Carvalho. That's my equivalent list, by the way, in order.
Mon 14/11/05 at 16:28
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Looking at them both the teams they have they are both certainally in the top 6-7 in the world for the talent but they don't seem to perform when it matters.

OK Portugal got to the final of Euro 2004 but in the final they were poor, taking nothing away from Greece.
Mon 14/11/05 at 11:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> Nope, Portugal have a vast array of talented players too. Ronaldo,
> Deco, Figo, Simao, Maniche, Miguel, Paulo Ferreira, Andrade,
> Carvalho.

Ronaldo, Deco, and Maniche I like. Simao and Andrade are both pretty good. Figo is still decent, his pace isn't up to much anymore, but he's good. Will he actually be in the World Cup squad though? Miguel's pretty good too from what I've seen of him. Ferreira though, I wouldn't bother with. He's alright, never really excites me though. And Carvalho obstructs the keeper too much for me to like him.

> Some of them don't play in La Liga though, so I'll let you off.

Ha. Portugal are a great team, but I think on paper the Spaniards are better pretty much all round. Raul, Torres, Morientes, Joaquin, Vicente, Luque, Reyes, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Albelda, Del Horno, Salgado, Puyol, Marchena, Ibanez, Casillas. All top class players. Maybe the Portuguese have a better defence. That's about it though. Although like I say, in practice they're better. Somehow.
Mon 14/11/05 at 10:28
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
They're certainally close but I'd say Spain are slightly better.
Mon 14/11/05 at 10:27
Regular
Nope, Portugal have a vast array of talented players too. Ronaldo, Deco, Figo, Simao, Maniche, Miguel, Paulo Ferreira, Andrade, Carvalho.

Some of them don't play in La Liga though, so I'll let you off.
Mon 14/11/05 at 10:23
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
They're better in practice. On paper, the Spaniards coast it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.