GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England vs Argentina - your feelings"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/11/05 at 18:05
Regular
"~DPG~"
Well, i'm unhappy at the moment because we're losing 2-1. damn it.
Sat 12/11/05 at 19:22
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Ashley_90 wrote:
> Who else are we playing before the WC? I think theres one more team.

We're playing on Wed 1st March 2006, opponent still to be decided.
Sat 12/11/05 at 19:22
Regular
"not dead"
If Lampard had his shooting boots on (or heading head) he would have had a hat-trick. Three excellent chances, and by his standard, he should really have scored one of them.

Even game though, could have gone either way, and good to seen sensible substitutions being made. Better than any recent England friendly, but I still would rather not play Argentina in the world cup again in a hurry.
Sat 12/11/05 at 19:20
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
It played like the World Cup Final - whats the bet we don't play like that in the World Cup?
Sat 12/11/05 at 19:17
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Well, thats certainly the best friendly i've ever seen.
Sat 12/11/05 at 19:06
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Great match - probably would have been the best game I've seen even if England would had lost. England teams really do seem to be on fire today...
Sat 12/11/05 at 18:58
Regular
Have you seen a replay or is that mere speculation?

Because you couldn't see the challenge from the TV angle because Ferdinand was in the way. And, let's face it, it's Gerrard we're talking about here - he's not exactly one to lash out with rubbish challenges. Also consider that the ball went away from the player, straight to Lampard (I think), and that the Argentinians were diving all game.

And any England fan can just as easily say that it was a very dubious decision to give the foul against Ledley King for the free kick that set up the second goal. There was also possibly an argument for offside there.

Generally, the reffing was rubbish all-round, so it evened out, but I certainly don't disagree with your first comment. Both teams displayed some great quality and it could very well have gone to Argentina instead, or ended up 5-5. As Owen said, there just isn't a lot between the top sides.
Sat 12/11/05 at 18:52
Regular
Match could have gone either way.

Should have been a penalty when cruz was fouled at the end there.

Argentina didnt actually lose though.

Riquelme IS Argentina, so with him off the pitch England didnt beat argentina ;)
Sat 12/11/05 at 18:50
Regular
Three more teams.

Astounding game, so evenly matched. Terrible ref though, mind.

And was it just me, or did we see three well thought-out and effectual substitutions? The impact Crouch had was unbelievable. Not so much what he was doing on the ball, but in the way that they just did not know how to handle him.
Sat 12/11/05 at 18:48
Regular
"Mozzy"
Who else are we playing before the WC? I think theres one more team.
Sat 12/11/05 at 18:47
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Brilliant game the best England performance for ages. Let's hope it carries on into the World Cup.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.