GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Liverpool Investment"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/11/05 at 10:10
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4420306.stm[/URL]

Another possible American investment in an English football club?
Thu 10/11/05 at 21:07
Regular
KopKing wrote:
> Didn't happen to see Soccer AM on Saturday? Well it has been proven
> that it was a goal. A fan who had a seat directly across from the
> line recorded the goal on his phone and from his angle it was a
> definite goal. Even Tim Lovejoy agreed. And so what i'd rather defend
> and win the Champions League if that's what it takes to win it.

That's not what happened at all.

They had a video sent in from a fan sitting in line with the goal, but there was no way whatsoever that you could see whether or not it was a goal. They didn't even bring up the controversy on the show - they just said "if only Sky had a camera there" and then just went on. Where on earth did you get the idea from that they were all saying it was in?

Computer techniques such as HawkEye have proved that it wasn't a goal.
Thu 10/11/05 at 18:27
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Stryke wrote:

I know there is no way in hell i'm gonna change your opinion on him but I have a different take on most of the things you have said.

> Hasn't done a lot wrong? Wasted £7 million on Crouch, £5
> million each on Sissoko and Reina,

Agreed with Crouch he is a waste of £7 million although he can play alright at times. However Reina a waste of £5 milllion I dont think so. Already this year we have kept the same amount of clean sheets in the Premiership this year than in the whole of last year. This may be due to superb defending but Reina has a hand in that. Plus he is only 22 his kicking may not be great but that wll improve and he was outstanding last year. Sissoko looks like a great talent. A bit like a rough diamond but he covers so much ground and gets so many tackles in and he's only 20, still a kid.

> claimed there wasn't enough money
> for Mikey Owen because of this and then bids £10 million for
> Simao (a Luis Garcia clone),

No he never claimed there wasn't enough money he said he wouldn't pay double what he sold him for 12 months ago. That makes a lot of sense. Would you sell a car for 5 grand and then buy it back a year later for 10 grand? Can't say I know alot about Simao but if is an identicle player to Luis Garcia then I agree we dont need two of the same kinda player in the squad.

>configures a team which has been
> conditioned to love attacking, flowing football to a dull dull 4-5-1,
> led us to our worst League start in years

Yea it was a bad system but he has played 4-4-2 the last few games with 10 plus shots a game and very little attacking from the opposition. Maybe he has seen the light? We also had a pretty tough start to the season in terms of opposition but we shouldnt lose too many between now and January.

>nd insists on keeping our
> most pacey, attacking striker on the bench for months if he has one
> game,

I agree Cisse needs to play everygame being top scorer and all but I can understand why Rafa leaves him out. He is so infuriating at times, poor first touch, poor control, always being caught offside (which rafa is trying to stop him doing in training but continues to be offside) always goes for power when placement may be better, not very good at one-on-ones and always sulks on the pitch if a pass is over hit to him. Saying that I still love him as he is exciting to watch.

>buys Spanish just for the sake of it, sells players like Danny
> Murphy not because they were surplus to requirements

He buys Spanish players because thats the market he knows best and its much cheaper to buy a Spanish player than an English player. Danny Murphy demanded first team action as soon as Rafa joined and I can't see that going down too well. He did however buy a suitable replacement in Alonso. Who would you rather have? I know I prefer Alonso.

and defends his
> way to a Champions League title courtesy of a dubious goal?

Didn't happen to see Soccer AM on Saturday? Well it has been proven that it was a goal. A fan who had a seat directly across from the line recorded the goal on his phone and from his angle it was a definite goal. Even Tim Lovejoy agreed. And so what i'd rather defend and win the Champions League if that's what it takes to win it.
Thu 10/11/05 at 08:59
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Stryke wrote:

> Hasn't done a lot wrong? Wasted £7 million on Crouch, £5
> million each on Sissoko and Reina, claimed there wasn't enough money
> for Mikey Owen because of this and then bids £10 million for
> Simao (a Luis Garcia clone),

Owen was the biggest mistake I can't understand why he didn't want him back. Crouch could become the biggest mistake as he doesn't seem very confortable at the minute and £7M was far too much for him.
Wed 09/11/05 at 22:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Valied?
Wed 09/11/05 at 21:10
Regular
Stryke's wrong. But his point is still valied :)
Wed 09/11/05 at 20:13
Regular
KopKing wrote:

> Bit harsh there Stryke. I know you don't like the man but he hasn't
> done a lot wrong.

--

Hasn't done a lot wrong? Wasted £7 million on Crouch, £5 million each on Sissoko and Reina, claimed there wasn't enough money for Mikey Owen because of this and then bids £10 million for Simao (a Luis Garcia clone), configures a team which has been conditioned to love attacking, flowing football to a dull dull 4-5-1, led us to our worst League start in years and insists on keeping our most pacey, attacking striker on the bench for months if he has one game, buys Spanish just for the sake of it, sells players like Danny Murphy not because they were surplus to requirements but because he was scared of a Scouse clique in the dressing room and defends his way to a Champions League title courtesy of a dubious goal?

Edit: I forgot to mention Baros. Muuuh, I'm angry.
Wed 09/11/05 at 17:47
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Stryke wrote:
> This is one time I'd like the new owner to intervene and sack the
> manager.

Their league form hasn't been perfect, but he won the Champions League with Liverpool - He can't be that bad...
Wed 09/11/05 at 17:23
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I'd like to invest my fist into Crouch's face, tbh.
Wed 09/11/05 at 17:12
Regular
KopKing wrote:

> Bit harsh there Stryke. I know you don't like the man but he hasn't
> done a lot wrong.

Oh dear..
Wed 09/11/05 at 16:54
Regular
"Green & White Army"
[URL]http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=323750&CPID=8&clid=&lid=2&title=Parry+plays+down+US+trip[/URL]

Looks like there isn't gonna be any investment anytime soon.

Bit harsh there Stryke. I know you don't like the man but he hasn't done a lot wrong.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.