GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Love being different"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/11/05 at 10:34
Regular
"You have a choice"
Does anyone here feel their very "different" from all your friends? People who do their own thing rather than following the trends etc of everyone around them. I'm like that (although that makes me one of the number one targets of fun at school) and proud of it! While evryone around me listens to Hip-Hop (I have discovered only takes 40 mins to write and record a hip-hop song) I listen to things that are more complex. ANything by Nobuo Uematsu, or Nightwish (although I'm not a fan of the gothy lyrics, I love the orchestra stuff they use).

Also, the way I dress outside school. OK, it's not completely original, but I stay away from trakkies, anything with a NIKE logo, or any of that mass produced stuff. I recently bought a jacket from BHS which I am cutting the sleeves off tonight, and I wear a pewter broach on it. I also need some leather gloves...

And my hobbies. I enjoy composing music, writing stories, other things where I can be creative. Apart from my love of football and Video games, I seem to be in a minority.

So who else is like this? Proud to be "different"?
Wed 09/11/05 at 15:41
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
It make me laugh when people are trying to convince people they're differant, because you're doing the same as just about everyone else in the world.
So its kind of a paradox.
And they make me laugh.
Wed 09/11/05 at 22:05
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I've always been different to my mates in a lot of ways, but we're still mates.

The biggest differences which I think they felt strongly about with me were:
- I have absolutely no interest in music whatsoever. i don't listen to it, I don't play it. They thought it was weird because I never listened to it. Ask me a question about music and you won't get an answer, almost guaranteed.
- I have no interest in football. Bores the hell out of me to watch, and I'm also not keen on games where you have to run around
- Although I'm 18, I never really grasped the teen language that they used. I just spoke plain English, and still do. The first time I ever heard the word "chav" wasn't actually that long ago. Also a lot of internet talk and text speak I don't understand.
- Films, I like. But I like films which are entertaining. The same with TV. I don't care for the actors or director or the crew. I generally don't know that many celebrities.

I didn't really care though. I just got on with my life and I'm happy with it. Whenever our interests diverged for a particular moment, then I'd do my thing and they'd do theirs, not being too bothered.
Wed 09/11/05 at 22:46
Regular
I see myself as a bit of a misfit.

In some ways it's been good, I've been able to achieve a lot. But it's also held me back too. Some things just I've just not been able to grasp.

I don't know whether I'd trade off all the benefits for the things I miss.

I'm not proud of being different per se, but I'm mostly happy with who I am, what I've done.

At the moment I'm looking for work after finishing my masters. I have one job application I'm hoping will come off. If I don't get that, I doubt I'll find anything I enjoy or that has particularly good pay prospects.
If I find myself there, you have to question what the intelligence/academic achievement was ever really worth.

I guess I'm at a difficult time - something like exams used to be, the outcome of my career hunt will dictate the course of the rest of my life. Only this time it's far more direct, get the job, instantly adopt a new life course. (I landed a guaranteed place at a uni ahead of final a-level exams, so I've never been in that position).

To post or not to post...
Thu 10/11/05 at 01:24
Regular
"Excommunicated"
As it pains me to say with the burden of cliches that follow such a statement, I think I am quite different.

Perhaps not an indivudual per say, I like certain clothes/music etc as many other people and to be honest don't want to stand out. I don't mind blending into people but know I am unique in my head. Though, I'm sure everyone is but people just allign themselves to groups to feel secure.
Thu 10/11/05 at 08:28
Regular
That was a very good poem I give that poem 1010
Thu 10/11/05 at 18:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
As soon as somebody starts talking about individuality and being different, I get really angry.

It's just not worth talking about. As if speaking about it is some admission of the fact you DO care about it.
Thu 10/11/05 at 18:10
Regular
"8==="
I'm an Apple Computer.

Screw you.
Thu 10/11/05 at 18:19
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Trust me guys, Lukeman isn't emo. By the way Luke, what about Phil?

It's hard being different for me, because there's no-one out there just like me. When it comes to music, I listen to anything from Green Day to Bon Jovi, to video game soundtracks and even Cradle of Filth once in a while.

I'm the Gamecube guy in our group of friends - the rest of them are a Sony bunch. You can imagine what that's like. No-one else shares my interests, or my love of cheese. Then again, I'll let that one go.

Some of my friends are religious, some aren't. I'm the agnostic one. Plus, I'm a vegetarian. (Now I'm starting to sound like that diabeties guy from the family guy movie...)

It doesn't phase me too much that my friends are different to me. I still can't help but think that there's someone out there just like me though. I wish there was.
Thu 10/11/05 at 18:32
Regular
"0228"
Rai, me and you sound fairly similar. I'm not a vegetarian though, I need my chicken, and beef, and steak, and bacon, and sausages, etc.
Thu 10/11/05 at 21:24
Regular
"You have a choice"
Trust me, Rai is the worst vegetarian EVER! Up till a cuple of months ago he'd eat all meat but..Chicken I htink it was...just cuz he didn't like Chicken! But now he's propa veggie! lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.