GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Knuckleduster"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/10/05 at 19:50
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Is a knuckleduster an offensive weapon and what's the worst that can happen to you if the police catch you with it? Can they charge you with possession of an offensive weapon? One of my mates got arrested for having it, but being the bright spark he is said he "just found it". Didn't stop the police choppers chasing him. Got the 'cuffs on him, just wondering what's the worst that could happen to him.

Couple of other crimes I'm interested in what the worst case scenario is. You might know that East London is famous (or at least round here it is) for having "green" houses, which are literally filled with cannabis. Some mates stole 4kg of the stuff from some Chinese who live there. What's the worst that can happen if you are found to have nicked all this stuff? And is CS gas illegal? What about a screwdriver if you can't prove it's not an offensive weapon?
Thu 20/10/05 at 03:48
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
> There aren't any Christians in my year that I know of. Couple of
> hundred Muslims and Hindus and a few whities.

You also appear to be implying that only white people can be Christian.

Have you ever thought of joining the Scarlet Crusade?
Thu 20/10/05 at 07:14
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> So, Christ boy hangs out with a bunch of criminals.

It just feeds his superiority complex.
Thu 20/10/05 at 07:49
Regular
"8==="
Having a screwdriver on you at night would probably be seen as 'going equipped', having a screwdriver in a football crowd would be 'offensive weapon' time.
Thu 20/10/05 at 08:54
Regular
"~DPG~"
Are you sure you didn't do all this? if you did, i'm afraid you shouldn't be walking the streets m8 !
Thu 20/10/05 at 08:56
Regular
"~DPG~"
Forest Fan wrote:
> There aren't any Christians in my year that I know of. Couple of
> hundred Muslims and Hindus and a few whities.

That explains it ! :@

Only messin...
Thu 20/10/05 at 15:09
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> RoJ wrote:
> Can't answer your screwdriver
>
> Anyone carrying a single screwdriver around is not going to
> use it for it's intended use. Couldn't tell you anout the legalities
> of it though. :D

I can. w00t, I'm handy!

Anyway, it would depend on where and why you had it. Are you dressed in workman’s clothes at lunch-time carrying it in a bag back to the house you're doing up? Or are you skulking around the backs of people's houses at 1am with a bag labelled "swag"?

It all depends why you have it. You could be committing different offences otherwise. If you've got it in case you're attacked, then you're carrying an offensive weapon, which is anything "made, adapted or intended" to be used as such.
You could also be going equipped, which is where you're carrying "any article to be used in any burglary theft or cheat".

Edit:
You are also going equipped if you're carrying it to commit criminal damage. They added that just before I left.

There you go.
Thu 20/10/05 at 15:19
"period drama"
Wow, a use for EB, now there's a thing.

But, yeah ... if you're out one Friday night getting drunk and have a screwdriver on you, it's pretty obvious you're not going to be putting up any shelves with it.
Thu 20/10/05 at 16:33
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Are you dressed
> in workman’s clothes at lunch-time carrying it in a bag back to the
> house you're doing up?

I still stand by that a person carring a single screwdriver around is going to be up to no good with it. ;D
Thu 20/10/05 at 16:35
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I should have said plastic bag really. I was implying that it had just been bought, but, you know.
Thu 20/10/05 at 16:45
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Pandaemonium wrote:

> Anyone carrying a single screwdriver around is not going to
> use it for it's intended use. Couldn't tell you anout the legalities
> of it though. :D

You'd almost certainly find yourself charged with "Going Equipped to Commit Burglary".

A wonderful and entirely vague charge that was originally intended to shaft anyone caught with a set of lockpicks, and over time has been used to give a shiny new criminal record to anyone that particular policeman doesn't like the look of.

In fairness, it's also put some people in prison who should have been there but whom there was nothing else to put 'em there for.

[edit] Bah; EB beat me to this...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.