GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 34"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/10/05 at 15:00
Regular
Right, lets get this done. I am the winner, which is nice. You all know the rules by now, I'm sure:

-You can enter more than once, if you really feel the need.
-As long as you like

Good rules, those. The topic shall be:

Rescue

Hopefully there's a bit of scope there.

And your closing dates for these potential gems - 25th October

Get to it.

--

Here we go. I've had a good looksee at the entries over the past week or so, and I've known the winner since it was first posted, sorry. So it was a battle for 2nd and 3rd all the way, and it was close between pb, tnc, JFH and Prophet. I've gone with:

3rd - tnc, Is This Life?

Very atmospheric despite being quite short, which is hard to do. Well done.

2nd - Prophet, Hole In The Head

Liked pretty much everything you've written so far. This is no different. Nice flowing story.

1st - Black Glove, Nailer

I thought for a while about this. Not because it wasn't the best (which it was), but because the Glove won the one before this and I didn't want people to think I was choosing him because he chose mine, and all that. But I don't care, it was the best story by far. Shows imagination I wish I had and inspired use of words.

So there that is. Big hand to Glove.
Wed 26/10/05 at 14:43
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Dear god! Where's my month gone? Over already. Stryke obviously didn't commit suicide over last nights' result but I can tell you that this is being typed by my ghost :(

Sorry I didn't get one in. I didn't get inspired by anything rescue..ish until late last night.
Wed 26/10/05 at 14:41
Regular
JFH wrote:
>
> I doubt we'll ever see Stryke again, he's probably committed suicide
> after seeing his side get knocked out of the Carling Cup by Palace.

--

...I...muuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh
Wed 26/10/05 at 14:39
Regular
Results in the original thread. Props to the finalists. Onwards.
Tue 25/10/05 at 21:45
Regular
"0228"
You're not fooling anyone tnc, that's clearly you. And by the way, thank you to my mysterious fan.

I doubt we'll ever see Stryke again, he's probably committed suicide after seeing his side get knocked out of the Carling Cup by Palace.
Tue 25/10/05 at 21:42
Regular
I think that remarkably gifted child was talking about his own genius.
Tue 25/10/05 at 21:32
Regular
"0228"
tnc wrote:
> The entries are of a high standard though, if I do say so myself.

Yeah, especially JFH's.
Tue 25/10/05 at 21:25
Regular
The last time I was on a coach was in Tenerife, in the summer holidays. I managed to get the worst headache I've ever had, thanks to the descent from Mount Teide.

I fell asleep and when I got back down to a level slightly above where we were staying (on a mountainside a long way above sea level) my head was literally aching, and it carried on hurting for days.

The cure was a good 'ol dosage of Nurofen and sleep ;-)
Tue 25/10/05 at 21:16
Regular
"not dead"
I hadn't bargained on a stinking headache keeping me from finishing.

Sorry.

I blame the 5+ hours spent on coaches today.

Nothing's shiftign this headache, so it'a a cup of tea and an early night for me.

I'll post the story when it's done whether an extention is given or not, so it's not like you'll miss out . ;o)
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:41
Regular
The top three "competition" would be good for tonight, but I understand about you wanting more entries.

Then again, they've had the same amount of time as us and it would make the competition a little different. So, for an extended deadline, I honestly don't think it's worth it. All you'll get is Bob's third installment, CoolBoy's repeated entries and constant spam...simply to try and gain maybe about 3 more entries.

Judge it tomorrow then, if it really is too small then perhaps extend the deadline by a few days at most. The entries are of a high standard though, if I do say so myself.
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:53
Regular
"0228"
Stryke wrote:
> Want one?

Personally, I'm not bothered.

> Andy Johnson will have beaten us in the League Cup 7-0.

Even at home Crystal Palace won't get 7 penalties. Is Gerrard fit yet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.