GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best PS2 games?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/06/01 at 10:46
Regular
I am formerly a DC owner but after my DC got nicked I`ve decided to get a new console. It aint gonna be the xbox or gamecube cos i`m too impatient to wait for the release. For me, it has to be the PS2. What I`d like to know is..... what are the best 5 PS2 games. I`m thinking of getting Tekken Tag and ISS2000 simply because they were my best PS games. I feel p****d, from what I`ve heard there aint that many games out at all.If only I had my DC I could get the PS2 in a few months time when the games I want are out and its cheaper.
Fri 08/06/01 at 10:46
I am formerly a DC owner but after my DC got nicked I`ve decided to get a new console. It aint gonna be the xbox or gamecube cos i`m too impatient to wait for the release. For me, it has to be the PS2. What I`d like to know is..... what are the best 5 PS2 games. I`m thinking of getting Tekken Tag and ISS2000 simply because they were my best PS games. I feel p****d, from what I`ve heard there aint that many games out at all.If only I had my DC I could get the PS2 in a few months time when the games I want are out and its cheaper.
Fri 08/06/01 at 11:00
"High polygon count"
Top 5 PS2 games available *now* for me are (in no order):

Dead or Alive 2
Star Wars: Starfighter
Zone of the Enders (ZOE)
Moto GP
SSX

Of course, you can now get Crazy Taxi, if you had that on your DC.
Fri 08/06/01 at 11:02
Z.O.E is a pretty damn fine game.

I'd opt for DOA2 over Tekken Tag.

I think Extermination is out today and thats supposed to be quite a good game.

Red Faction comes out on the 22nd and that WILL kick ar$e!

If you're an RPG fan, Summoner is a pretty deep and fine RPG or alternatively Dark Cloud is out fairly soon if you'd prefer a more Zelda style romp.

Of course there's SSX which I would advise as a must for all PS2 owners.

Can't be ar$ed to wait a couple of weeks for Red Faction, but you love FPS's? Well then I would highly reccomend either Quake 3 Revolution or Timesplitters.

Those are the games that spring instantly to mind but I'm sure there are more out there and there are definately some amazing titles on the way!!!!

Too many to list, sorry.
Fri 08/06/01 at 11:26
Do not get iss, it is absolutely sh*te! I am probably the worlds biggest iss evolution fan and this version is rubbish. You shouldn't mistake iss2001 with evolution as they're both different games from different manufacturers. Evolution for ps2 comes out in september and looks awesome.

The first game you should get is SSX and then ZOE. Next week we see EA Rugby appearing and next month We've got GT3.

Exterminations out today and i'll be buying that during my lunch hour so i can't comment on its merit.
Fri 08/06/01 at 11:58
For me, I'd say SSX, Star Wars:Starfighter, DOA2, F1 2001 and ZOE. The conversion of Quake III is supposed to be great as well. If there's no rush, Gran Turismo 3 is out next month.
Fri 08/06/01 at 18:13
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I would also recommend SSX and DOA2, also Crazy Taxi which i think is great. Then wait for GT 3, ISS Evo and MGS 2 later in the year.
Fri 08/06/01 at 18:59
Regular
"Whatever!"
I would tend to agree - SSX, TTT, Starfighter, Z.O.E, Quake III and Formula 1 2001 are probably the best out of the bunch!! Got Extermination today but havent had chance to play it yet as I got Excitebike 64 aswell which is totaly brilliant!!
Will be playing Extermination over the week end mind, so will post a review soon!!
Fri 08/06/01 at 20:03
Regular
My top 5:

1) SSX
2) Starfighter
3) ZOE
4) Fur Fighters
5) Tekken Tag

(6-10)

6) TimeSplitters
7) Shadow of Memories
8) Moto GP
9) Kessen
10) DOA2

(Owned but so far unplayed, until tomorrow!)

Crazy Taxi
Super Bombad Racing

Having already had a look at other people`s top fives, SSX seems to be the most consistent. That should be a definite, whether you like snowboarding or not. It is the best on PS2 (Until GT3 in July).
Fri 08/06/01 at 20:06
Regular
Just to explain why I put Tekken Tag above DOA2:

TTT: Full of moves, with incredible scope for mastery.

DOA2: Possibly better looking, faster, and more interactive, but ultimately based on speed button bashing and a little luck.

My childish reason would have to be that at DOA2 I can lose, but at TTT so far it hasn`t happened :-)

Lei + Yoshimitsu or Ganryu and Law. Lots of fun :-)
Sat 09/06/01 at 19:10
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
TOP 10 PS2 GAMES IVE PLAYED

1.metal gear 2 ( i no its a demo but damn is it good )
2.crazy taxi
3.tekken tag
4.red faction
5.ssx snowbording
6.zone of enders
7.fifa 2001
8.moto gp
9.silent scope
10. star wars shooting thing ( cant remember name )

NOTE : I HAVNT PLAYED MANY PS2 GAMES YET

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.