GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best PS2 games?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/06/01 at 10:46
Regular
I am formerly a DC owner but after my DC got nicked I`ve decided to get a new console. It aint gonna be the xbox or gamecube cos i`m too impatient to wait for the release. For me, it has to be the PS2. What I`d like to know is..... what are the best 5 PS2 games. I`m thinking of getting Tekken Tag and ISS2000 simply because they were my best PS games. I feel p****d, from what I`ve heard there aint that many games out at all.If only I had my DC I could get the PS2 in a few months time when the games I want are out and its cheaper.
Sat 23/06/01 at 14:03
Regular
red faction is brilliant or GT3
Fri 22/06/01 at 19:39
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I did get a little stuck on Extermination as I couldnt find where to put the snow mobile key. I tried the place where you do put it but I didnt relise you had to select the key to use it. In the manual it said if you have an item and you can use it, it will do so. But it didnt. I am at the bit with the 16 Battery unit door. I have got to the save point right past the dogs and into those rooms that has the fire e.t.c. but as I had been hurt so bad by them dogs and machine gun dude I didnt save.
Fri 22/06/01 at 16:00
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
adrian wrote:
> Extermination is a great game. Lots of atmosphere and a very good, lip sync is way out and the voices dont seem to have the right tone and attitude but thats not really what makes a game good, so its not a really big problem.

Lip synch is way out! LOL LOL LOL! couldn't agree more Adrian and the directive talk just sounds apalling not the way I'd be talking if I was in that kind of situation :)

Still good game and have just got stuck, may have to start again soon, sure I can do better and conserve a lot more health!
Thu 21/06/01 at 19:52
Regular
The games that I have played on are all very good,they come in this order
1.Crazy Taxi
Get hold of the steering wheel and drive as crazy as possible. The crazier you drive, the more money you will earn.
2.Timesplitters
A great shoot 'em up from three different stages.

3.ISS
All the latest kits and people make this a brilliant football game

4.Shadow of Memories
A role playing game with stunning graphics and a great story line

5.Smugglers Run
Drive across the open lands to be the first people to get the most drugs

6.Madden NFL
A great American football game, but by far the worst I have reviewed
Thu 21/06/01 at 19:51
Regular
The games that I have played on are all very good,they come in this order
1.Crazy Taxi
Get hold of the steering wheel and drive as crazy as possible. The crazier you drive, the more money you will earn.
2.Timesplitters
A great shoot 'em up from three different stages.

3.ISS
All the latest kits and people make this a brilliant football game

4.Shadow of Memories
A role playing game with stunning graphics and a great story line

5.Smugglers Run
Drive across the open lands to be the first people to get the most drugs

6.Madden NFL
A great American football game, but by far the worst I have reviewed
Thu 21/06/01 at 19:25
Here's my ranking of the games I've got so far:

1. Dynasty Warriors 2
My current favourite, since I just bought it

2. Timesplitters
The challenges and time attacks provide some extra dimensions to this, but I'm finding it hard to play deathmatch against myself, and I don't see how I can break those high windows with my bricks

3. Smugglers Run
Excellent fun zooming about, bouncing over all the place. I've finished this, but I wish the tunnle behind the frozen waterfall was open, so you could smash through it.

4. Kuri Kuri Mix
I bought this so I could place it with my wife, because she likes puzzle games, and we could cooperate, rather than play against each other. However, me shouting instructions put her off. If you can avoid killing your partner though, this is a great two player game. It's also a great one player game, though I managed to finish it pretty quickly, even though you have to control both characters on the screen at the same time.

5. Wild Wild Racing
More driving fun on silly courses. I've managed to get all the car trophies from the three levels, but I haven't managed to win a single race in the Pro level yet.

6. Super Bust a Move
This is a nice game which doesn't require much brain, especially as it has infinite continues. I'd like it better if at some point it stopped you going any further, so you actually had to get better to get all the way to the end.

7. Aqua Aqua
My wife really likes this one. She's managed to get the top ranking in both modes in all five levels. I can manage to finish the story mode levels, but I don't like the game enough to practise as much as her.
Wed 20/06/01 at 23:17
Regular
Bonus fav list, of all the games I have played!!

1) Extermination
2) Zone of the Enders
3) Timesplitters
4) SSX
5) F1 2001
6) Kessen
7) Starfighter
8) Ridge Racer V
9) Tekken Tag Tournament
10) Madden 2001
11) ISS
12) X-Squad
Wed 20/06/01 at 23:13
Regular
"Whatever!"
OK - My latest top five:

1. Star Wars Starfighter
2. Extermination
3. Formula 1 2001
4. SSX
5. Z.O.E!!
Wed 20/06/01 at 22:40
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Extermination is a great game. Lots of atmosphere and a very good, lip sync is way out and the voices dont seem to have the right tone and attitude but thats not really what makes a game good, so its not a really big problem.
Wed 20/06/01 at 21:47
My top five are ;

1. Extermination
2. SSX
3. Sky Odessy ( right spelling )
4. Dead Or Alive 2
5. SW Starfighter

Cheapest place apart from Special Reserve I've seen is Woolworths where you can get PS2 for £269.99 and ISS game on PS2 for £5. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.