GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Africa in the World Cup!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/10/05 at 22:21
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Morroco, Nigeria, Cameron, Senegal, Tunisia, South Africa.

Not one of these teams have so far made it through to the World Cup finals. Either Tunisia or Morroco will make it through to the finals in the play off and the rest of the teams will go into the African Nations Cup with a place at the World Cup the prize. And the teams debuting at Germany?

Angola, Ghana, Ivory Coast and Togo. None of them having played at this level before.

Should make for a fascinating World Cup and will be nice to see Chelsea boys Michael Essien and Didier Drogba playing at this level, as well as Arsenal's Ivory Coast international Kolo Toure.

Japan, Iran, South Korea and Saudi Arabia have all made it through from Asia - the same as last time so that's a bit boring. But the play off will see either Uzbekistan or Bahrain make it through - both minnows at international level.

England, Poland (cheers JFH), Ukraine, Croatia, Italy, Holland, Germany, USA, Mexico, Argentina and Brazil have also made it through, and possibly Portugal - can't be bothered to work out whether they've made it through yet for proper or it's just inevitable.
Mon 10/10/05 at 19:55
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Lipe wrote:
> AfroJoe wrote:
> They haven't?
>
> Well they had some news article on Portuguese TV about it so they are
> probably right. Dunno what team you're thinking of...must of been a
> while back though?

Yeah, just checked up, it was Zaire I was thinking of.
Mon 10/10/05 at 19:54
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
So we get to see Drogba at the World Cup, and not Eto'o. Great.

Eurosport.com make a big deal of the fact that Pierre Wome wouldn't let Eto'o take the penalty they got late on in their last game, and he took it and missed. But as I remember, Eto'o has a terrible record at penalties, I wouldn't have let him take it either.
Mon 10/10/05 at 19:52
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> They haven't?

Well they had some news article on Portuguese TV about it so they are probably right. Dunno what team you're thinking of...must of been a while back though?
Mon 10/10/05 at 19:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Maybe one of them will spring a surprise and do well. Then again maybe not........
Mon 10/10/05 at 18:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
They haven't?

Meh, I was sure they'd been drawn in a group with Brazil or something like that in the past.

What African team is that I'm thinking about now?
Mon 10/10/05 at 18:33
Regular
Angola have never played in the world cup either.
Mon 10/10/05 at 17:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The fact that teams hadn't qualified. I thought that would have been blatantly obvious.

Although I heard today that in fact Ghana have never played in a World Cup before, so I was wrong there. I must have mistaken them for someone else.
Mon 10/10/05 at 16:20
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Tunisia have made it.
>
> Oh, and Angola and Ghana have played in the World Cup before.

Just what are you chatting about, AJ? If you don't know, stay out.
Sun 09/10/05 at 19:44
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Not suprised at Ghana's appearance, Essien and appiah? what a midfield partnership.
Sun 09/10/05 at 19:43
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yeah, they beat the Soloman Islands 8-1 overall, and now will play either Uruguay, Colombia or Chile to reach the World Cup.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.