GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blue Peter Badges?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/10/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Does anyone know where to buy a Blue Peter Badge?

My girlfriend wants one and ts my mission to find her one but by the time the auctions finish on ebay they are like £30 and im like Waaaaaaa!?!?

Its like a tiny plastic badge and it costs £30?

Does anyone know a cheaper place to buy one or has anyone got one they would sell?

Thanks
Wed 05/10/05 at 22:39
Regular
Admittedly I couldn't see one on there.

But there was an old-style badge for a fiver and a newer one for £14
Wed 05/10/05 at 22:35
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Shhhhh! Dont tell her about the gold one!
Wed 05/10/05 at 22:34
Regular
I assume there'd be some weird little eBayer who'd have one. Probably the same person who owns all of the variations of Spock's ears ever used.
Wed 05/10/05 at 22:32
Regular
"0228"
They only seem to give those to celebrities though.
Wed 05/10/05 at 22:31
Regular
If she's a collector she'd be opting for that special gold prize badge they do...
Wed 05/10/05 at 22:28
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
The thing about the zoo...i dont think she wants it for that stuff. She just wants it because its like a collectable thing or something. Shes just a fan, although she says she dont watch it much anymore. But nevertheless she still wants one, so im gonna see what i can do, cos im nice like that!
Wed 05/10/05 at 22:22
Regular
I was referring to earlier, yes
Wed 05/10/05 at 22:18
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I put 'lol' after everything?

EDIT: Just looked at some of my earlier posts in this thread and theres a few 'lol's in there but not many recently!
Wed 05/10/05 at 22:16
Regular
You say that you can get into zoos, but surely if anyone could buy one then they'd be out of business. The promotion is only open to under 16s and so it would look a bit strange if some thirty-something guy tries to use one.

Wardy, I agree with Nash on the 'she'd never use it again' point ... and stop writing 'lol' after everything.
Wed 05/10/05 at 22:01
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
You asked for it...and remember...i did say "crappy story"

"Once upon a time there were two little girls, one was called Poppy and one was called Jenny. Jenny and Poppy were sisters, but they were very poor. This didn’t stop them being happy. They did everything together, went to school, eat lunch and played with the same toys. One day a man came to their house and wanted to test his new invention. The girls didn’t really know what it was but they said they would try it. The man brought his invention to their house and said it was called a "Doubler". The device was as big as a doorway, and when you stepped inside you magically get taken into a huge room! The man said that it doubles any possession you have if you shut the door when the possession is inside. The girls were excited and they went and got their skipping rope. The skipping rope was put in the door and then the door was closed. When the door was opened again there were two skipping ropes. "Wow!" the girls exclaimed. "Does this work for anything?" Poppy asked. "I don’t know" replied the man, "this is my first test"
Jenny went upstairs and grabbed an apple. The same thing happened again. There were two apples now!
"This is amazing" said Poppy.
Poppy ran indoors and grabbed a £1 coin and put it in the Doubler. She shut the door and opened it again. There were two £1 coins. She shut the door and opened it again. Now there were 4. She did again, now there were 8! She did this a lot of times during the day until she had thousands of pounds.
“Lets go and spend it!” said Poppy to Jenny
“Yes, lets go to town!” answered jenny.
Jenny and Poppy got a taxi to town and told the driver to keep the change. Even though they paid him double what he was meant to have earnt!
The girls went shopping and bought lots of clothes and food. Poppy and Jenny then went home and ate all their food. The next day they woke up and their clothes didn’t fit them.
“Oh no! Look at how fat I have gotten!” exclaimed Poppy
“Me too” said Jenny. “Maybe we shouldn’t have eaten all of that junk food!”
Over the course of the next day Poppy and Jenny argued over lots of things and in the end Jenny couldn’t take it anymore and stopped talking to Poppy. Jenny moved out and took the Doubler with her and never wanted to speak to her sister again.
Poppy started exercising and getting back into shape how she used to be, but Jenny just sat around all day putting sweets and chocolate into the doubler. She was getting bigger and bigger.
One day, Poppy realised that she shouldn’t be arguing with her sister. Jenny was her family and family is the most important thing in the world, so she went around to see Jenny at her new house.
She knocked on the door and Jenny shouted “It’s open” because she was too lazy to get up off of the sofa.
“Hi Jenny” said Poppy. Jenny looked around in shock as she never expected to hear from her sister again.
“Hi” said Jenny confused.
“Isn’t it about time we worked things out? We used to do everything together and I miss having you around to talk to and play with” said Poppy.
“I miss you too” said Jenny, “but I cant get up off of the sofa anymore. I am too heavy!”
“We can get you back into shape!” said Poppy.
Over the next few weeks Poppy and Jenny worked out together and played how they used to. They got on brilliantly and didn’t use the Doubler once.
“Why don’t you move back and live with me again?” asked Poppy
“I would love to. Thanks a lot Poppy!” answered Jenny.
The next day Jenny said goodbye to her house and took all of her belongings with her….well…all of her belongings except one. Standing all on its own, in the middle of the room was the doubler. She knew that even though she would be poor she would be happy because the doubler just made her selfish and greedy. She learnt a valuable lesson, and that is to be grateful for the family you have and the life you have got! "

*prepares for mocking*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.