GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stipulation Matches"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/09/05 at 22:06
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
If you were going to a live event which stipulation matches would you most like to see?

Mine would probably be

- TLC (after the IPW match its now my favourite stipulation match!)
- A Bullrope match
- A Casket Match
- Ladder Match
- Bra and Panties Match
- Last Man Standing
- Battle Royal
- I Quit Match
- 2 out of 3 falls
Wed 28/09/05 at 22:06
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
If you were going to a live event which stipulation matches would you most like to see?

Mine would probably be

- TLC (after the IPW match its now my favourite stipulation match!)
- A Bullrope match
- A Casket Match
- Ladder Match
- Bra and Panties Match
- Last Man Standing
- Battle Royal
- I Quit Match
- 2 out of 3 falls
Wed 28/09/05 at 22:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'd prefer to see talented wrestlers who don't need stipulation matches to help them put on a good show

However my favourite stipulation match would be something like HHH vs Batista vs Orton vs Masters vs Snitsky in a exploding landmine match
Wed 28/09/05 at 22:20
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
A match like a 2 out of 3 falls match or an ironman match doesnt always mean the wrestlers need the stipulation, it may be a stipulation match to showcase their talent in an exciting match. Like the ironman match for RAW with HBK Vs Angle. They dont NEED the stipulation, but it should be a good match to watch!
Wed 28/09/05 at 22:22
Regular
"..."
Stipulation matches should be used in the later stages of a heated feud, in order to get across to the fans the increasing intensity of hatred between the two workers...

As Kawada said though, there is no replacement for two good workers who don't need a gimmick to get their match over.

Most stips are over-used these days and pop up with no reasoning behind them.
Wed 28/09/05 at 22:24
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
The reason i asked is that there is a suggestion page on the IPW website and i think it would be cool for some stipulations!

However, i saw a highlight package of one of their events and they had a ladder match and it looked like someone got whacked round the face with a ladder!
Wed 28/09/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
They would usually get around 30 minutes anyway (or at least if the booking team is smart they would give them around that much) sticking the ironman tag on it is needless. 60 minutes yes, 30 minutes no.

Never been a fan of 2 out of 3 falls either, annoys me for some reason. Don't know why, probably saw a poor match involving it and it put me off
Wed 28/09/05 at 22:26
Regular
"..."
Kawada wrote:
> Never been a fan of 2 out of 3 falls either, annoys me for some
> reason. Don't know why, probably saw a poor match involving it and it
> put me off

I like two out of three falls, reminds me of the classic years of 'World of Sport'...
Wed 28/09/05 at 22:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
AHA, that'd be why i don't like them
Wed 28/09/05 at 22:28
Regular
"..."
Seriously Kawada, I'm surprised you don't like World of Sport.
Wed 28/09/05 at 22:29
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
The Eddie Guerrero Vs Kurt Angle 2 out of 3 falls match was pretty good not too long ago. The whole cheating pulling the hair/straps was quite funny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.