GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What a lovely night..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/09/05 at 03:13
Regular
"360: swfcman"
...or not.

I work at a hotel at the weekends that can be booked out for parties, weddings ect to use the bar and function room for the evening and such, im sure your all familiar with the sort.

Tonight was a wedding just as usual and i was working with the usual staff. The group in seemed quite good drinkers (about a 100) and we were busy all night till around half 11.

Then it kicked off.

No idea what sparked it, but there was a sudden 30 man brawl (though saying that there were a good few women taking part.) Punches thrown, glasses thrown. I had never seen anything like it. The place was a mess.Random people walking around with blood pouring from there heads. Thing is...some of these people were well in there 60's too! One bloke wandered towards us, head bleading, shirt off, firing a slurry of words at us before running after somone else. I had never seen anything like it.

One of the fire doors had been completely smashed. The public phone ripped off the wall. Chairs broken, tables turned. All while this was happening the police had been called...which it took them a half hour to arrive...and then only FOUR turned up! Luckily it had calmed down a little. But the place was a mess.

So a 6 hour shift turned into a 9 hour one as us bar staff helped clean up the mess that had been left.

Alcohol (and the roughness of some of these people) was really on show tonight.

Gotta feel sorry for the Wedding couple, what a night to remember.

Apparently though within the family this sort of thing is regular, so they had a feeling it might kick off. Nice of them to let us know....

What a bloody night
Sat 24/09/05 at 03:13
Regular
...or not.

I work at a hotel at the weekends that can be booked out for parties, weddings ect to use the bar and function room for the evening and such, im sure your all familiar with the sort.

Tonight was a wedding just as usual and i was working with the usual staff. The group in seemed quite good drinkers (about a 100) and we were busy all night till around half 11.

Then it kicked off.

No idea what sparked it, but there was a sudden 30 man brawl (though saying that there were a good few women taking part.) Punches thrown, glasses thrown. I had never seen anything like it. The place was a mess.Random people walking around with blood pouring from there heads. Thing is...some of these people were well in there 60's too! One bloke wandered towards us, head bleading, shirt off, firing a slurry of words at us before running after somone else. I had never seen anything like it.

One of the fire doors had been completely smashed. The public phone ripped off the wall. Chairs broken, tables turned. All while this was happening the police had been called...which it took them a half hour to arrive...and then only FOUR turned up! Luckily it had calmed down a little. But the place was a mess.

So a 6 hour shift turned into a 9 hour one as us bar staff helped clean up the mess that had been left.

Alcohol (and the roughness of some of these people) was really on show tonight.

Gotta feel sorry for the Wedding couple, what a night to remember.

Apparently though within the family this sort of thing is regular, so they had a feeling it might kick off. Nice of them to let us know....

What a bloody night
Sat 24/09/05 at 09:04
Regular
sounds..............fun, poor you though
Sat 24/09/05 at 09:23
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Weddings and funerals.

Fights are guaranteed. You should have seen the bother at my Grans funeral. Having said that, she was the one who instigated it.
Sat 24/09/05 at 10:09
Regular
"The Red Shift"
:'{
Sat 24/09/05 at 10:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Weddings and funerals.
>
> Fights are guaranteed. You should have seen the bother at my Grans
> funeral. Having said that, she was the one who instigated it.

Er...?
Sat 24/09/05 at 10:22
Regular
funeral....fights....they could wake the dead
Sat 24/09/05 at 10:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> Er...?

Family falling out previously. She was stubborn. And Mad.
Sat 24/09/05 at 11:18
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
These things always seem to happen at family do's. I've been caught up in fights at a wedding and an 18th birthday party, luckily they were both my mates and not my family.
Sat 24/09/05 at 12:55
Regular
Aye. Im familiar with the odd family tiff and does like this, the odd scuffle. But a 30 man brawl in a rather posh hotel function room, with blood, glass and all...taking it a little far.

Im back at work tonight again, looking forward to that.
Sat 24/09/05 at 14:12
Regular
That's a conversation to save for a rainy day.

Sounds pretty intense.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.