GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What a lovely night..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/09/05 at 03:13
Regular
"360: swfcman"
...or not.

I work at a hotel at the weekends that can be booked out for parties, weddings ect to use the bar and function room for the evening and such, im sure your all familiar with the sort.

Tonight was a wedding just as usual and i was working with the usual staff. The group in seemed quite good drinkers (about a 100) and we were busy all night till around half 11.

Then it kicked off.

No idea what sparked it, but there was a sudden 30 man brawl (though saying that there were a good few women taking part.) Punches thrown, glasses thrown. I had never seen anything like it. The place was a mess.Random people walking around with blood pouring from there heads. Thing is...some of these people were well in there 60's too! One bloke wandered towards us, head bleading, shirt off, firing a slurry of words at us before running after somone else. I had never seen anything like it.

One of the fire doors had been completely smashed. The public phone ripped off the wall. Chairs broken, tables turned. All while this was happening the police had been called...which it took them a half hour to arrive...and then only FOUR turned up! Luckily it had calmed down a little. But the place was a mess.

So a 6 hour shift turned into a 9 hour one as us bar staff helped clean up the mess that had been left.

Alcohol (and the roughness of some of these people) was really on show tonight.

Gotta feel sorry for the Wedding couple, what a night to remember.

Apparently though within the family this sort of thing is regular, so they had a feeling it might kick off. Nice of them to let us know....

What a bloody night
Wed 28/09/05 at 16:23
Regular
South Yorkshire, out in the sticks, but only a short drive from Sheffield.
Tue 27/09/05 at 21:03
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Reminds me a little of a night-shift I was one. There was a wedding that day between two "rival" traveller groups...It's like a modern day Romeo and Juliet, only with caravans and fake £5 notes.

They booked a local pub in the city and four officers were posted just to stay at the pub in case anything happened. Something did. A huge brawl and an emergency assistance call from the officers. We had the helicopter overhead videoing what was happening and had to walk forward in a line, batons aloft to get them all out of the car park.

Only four turned up after half an hour? Where do you live/work?
Tue 27/09/05 at 20:47
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Congratulations to the Bride and Groom...

God only knows what their honeymoon's going to be like...
Sun 25/09/05 at 20:43
Regular
"For One Night Only"
LMAO!!!!!

Wonderful stuff. Takes me back to my waiting-on days.

I used to be a witer ina posh restaurant. We had functions and parties there, too. Wedding receptions, birthday celebrations, blah-blah-blah. The best was a night of drunken football players. So many fights, and I walked away with so much money in tips.
Sun 25/09/05 at 02:10
Regular
Just got back from tonight shift. All went well, the party were alot more civilised.

Last nights events are the talk of the hotel mind. Countless number of staff keep coming for information about what happened, and since i was the only one working from last night it all got directed to me. Lost count how many time i had to re-tell the story.

Still hard to believe it happened. Apparently it was the first time ever that the police had to be brought in. Some of the older members of staff who have been there years are truely shocked! Its not the sort of place for it to happen - we all thought anyway.

One more shift tomorrow for the weekend - 12-4 and im done till next Saturday.

Thing is tomorrow might be even worse. Im dealing with a far more aggressive customer - PENSIONERS!
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:12
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Pro Evo wrote:

> Im back at work tonight again, looking forward to that.

Hope it goes well anyway.
Sat 24/09/05 at 14:12
Regular
That's a conversation to save for a rainy day.

Sounds pretty intense.
Sat 24/09/05 at 12:55
Regular
Aye. Im familiar with the odd family tiff and does like this, the odd scuffle. But a 30 man brawl in a rather posh hotel function room, with blood, glass and all...taking it a little far.

Im back at work tonight again, looking forward to that.
Sat 24/09/05 at 11:18
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
These things always seem to happen at family do's. I've been caught up in fights at a wedding and an 18th birthday party, luckily they were both my mates and not my family.
Sat 24/09/05 at 10:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> Er...?

Family falling out previously. She was stubborn. And Mad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.