GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Just Found Out What "chav" Stands For."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/09/05 at 02:42
Regular
Why did no-one inform me?

It's quite good.
Sun 25/09/05 at 18:31
Regular
Ahahahah, I was trying to get hold of that a couple of days ago.
Sun 25/09/05 at 18:29
Regular
[URL]http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=339&CAT=movies&NSFW=0&rtn=search-339&Keywords=british%20kung%20fu[/URL]
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:05
Regular
"That's right!"
"The funny thing is though, most Chavs don't actually realise what they are and still label others they see as... Chavs. Actually, that's pretty sad. For them."

Very true, they actually have a go at each other and use the word radgie as an insult. They don't notice that they're wearing the same coat, pants and shoes and sporting the same haircut and dodgy accent as the person they're making fun of.

They've wrecked the geordie accent as well, they've made it sound like "raaaah raaaah raaaaah!" Everything a radgie says sounds like "raaaah raaaah raaaaah!"
Sat 24/09/05 at 22:11
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Townies = Chavs + a miniscule amount of extra fashion sense - aggressiveness
Sat 24/09/05 at 22:07
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Townies: What farmers, yokels, country folk etc call people who live
> in large towns and cities; especially the ones who own second houses
> in the countryside.
>
> Ooooaaaarrr.

I've always known townies to be kids from commuter towns- I think they must be a sub-class of Chav?
Sat 24/09/05 at 22:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Townies: What farmers, yokels, country folk etc call people who live in large towns and cities; especially the ones who own second houses in the countryside.

Ooooaaaarrr.
Sat 24/09/05 at 21:07
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
"Stupid townie"
"I'm not a townie! I'm a chav!"
"Stupid chav"
Sat 24/09/05 at 20:51
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Chr1s wrote:
"I heard the word chav for the first time last year. Up until then, I just called them townies."
---

Yep, it was the same for me too.

While talking to a "smelly jitter" I referred to a certain group of people as Townies, but apparently they were Chavs, there is a difference and that I needed to get it right. :(

The funny thing is though, most Chavs don't actually realise what they are and still label others they see as... Chavs. Actually, that's pretty sad. For them. :)
Sat 24/09/05 at 20:29
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Cool
Hangbag
Aunty
Vera
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:59
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
In case you don't know "Chav" is the Irish name for child.

Don't know how Chavs became known as Chavs (if that makes sense)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.