GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Of course, you know what a really good album is, don't you?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/09/05 at 20:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The Verve - "Urban Hymns"

It's *amazing*, I don't know why I haven't listened to it so closely before. I knew it was good, and I've got a few of their other albums, but this is so well produced, well written, really inventive - Nick McCabe is a genius, and I don't know who their drummer is, but he'd really good too. Most of all there are some great songs - not pop or rock - songs, like we used to get before everything sounded the same.

Oddly though, I don't like Bittersweet Symphony, which was their biggest track. The rest I could listen to for hours.
Tue 20/09/05 at 20:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The Verve - "Urban Hymns"

It's *amazing*, I don't know why I haven't listened to it so closely before. I knew it was good, and I've got a few of their other albums, but this is so well produced, well written, really inventive - Nick McCabe is a genius, and I don't know who their drummer is, but he'd really good too. Most of all there are some great songs - not pop or rock - songs, like we used to get before everything sounded the same.

Oddly though, I don't like Bittersweet Symphony, which was their biggest track. The rest I could listen to for hours.
Tue 20/09/05 at 20:57
Regular
"You've upset me"
Agreed, had the same experience too. Got it when it first came out and thought it was a really strong album. Dug it out about 3 weeks ago (my sister wanted one of the tracks) and, upon listening to it again, it suddenly hit me just how good an album this is.
Wed 21/09/05 at 05:36
Regular
"8==="
Pretty good, prefer The Music though as they're less soulful but more interesting to listen too.

There's a B-side instrumental on the Lucky Man single that's very good too.
Wed 21/09/05 at 08:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Bwahahaha, The Music, interesting? Ahahahaha, they're about as interesting as a grey painting on a grey wall. I've never heard such a bunch of repetitive nonsense in all my life.
Wed 21/09/05 at 08:37
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I would listen to the Verve if my ears didn't bleed everytime I put the CD on.
Wed 21/09/05 at 08:39
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Bwahahaha, The Music, interesting? Ahahahaha, they're about as
> interesting as a grey painting on a grey wall. I've never heard such
> a bunch of repetitive nonsense in all my life.

Which tracks of theirs have you heard then? Perhaps we could suggest some others.
Wed 21/09/05 at 08:45
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've got (a copy of) their debut album somewhere, really didn't get on with at all, as you can probably tell. Every song seemed to have the same riff and format and the singer annoys the living hell out of me, especially his voice and wavy hands.

EDIT: *Opinion may vary from person to person*
Wed 21/09/05 at 08:47
Regular
"8==="
I like 'em.

They're a Verve and Stone Roses hybrid. :)

I find that interesting to listen to, and better than some addict whining on about Jesus over and over because it racks up the sales.
Wed 21/09/05 at 08:49
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Nah, they're too pop/rock to be compared to The Verve, who are more ambient rock.
Wed 21/09/05 at 08:51
Regular
"8==="
Ozric Tentacles beat both of 'em anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.