GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NINTENDO'S BLUNDERS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 11:29
Regular
Not all ninty touches turns to gold:

Anyone remember the 64DD? All the 64 mags were full of pics about it an news month after month. It was meant to be an add-on to the console that allowed you to go on the web, make your own games, get more levels for games and use simple software. But then(!) the whole idea was ignored by all the mags...

The reason was that the console was delayed so many times that it looked unlikely to come out... but it did! In japan 100,000 were released, each of which came with a keyboard, mouse and a months internet access. Suffice it to say that this did not meake enough money to break even, and ninty lost millions!

How about the Virtual Boy??? It was the successor to the Game boy... a set of goggles mounted on a tripod that produced 3d games when you look into them. This was a disaster. The games were only in one colour- Red. You had to refocus the light every time you played. Only a handfull of games were released on the console. Add to this it was impossible to advertise the 3d images on tv, and shops found it hard to make people see the point. Not only this, but the console was not portable- you needed a flat surfice, and it was anti-social. Even the games that did come out didn't make great use of the 3d capabilities! And finally, people got head aches using it!

Suffice it to say the head of Ninty who made the Virtual Boy project was fired... he later tragically died in a car crash.

And you thoough the big N was perfect?

Sonic
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:24
Hey, Cookie monster, if you liked Zelda, here is a game you should have a go on. "SHEMUE" on the Dreamcast (that is, if you have one, or if you have access to one). It is a great game, that in my eyes, is one of the best games ever,
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:21
Hey Bonus, I noticed while reading your all time top games list, that Magicland Dizzy was in there. It's great to see someone still remebers it.
Do you still play? It's a great game.
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I know what you mean.
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:00
Regular
I do this alll the time to people to actually spark some life into these forums, devil's advocate type person. But most people atke it the wrong way!!
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
hearted not heated.
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Its ok, i knew this was a light heated conversation.
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:56
Regular
(BTW, I am taking the mic and don't take it personally!!)
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:56
Regular
No, not really, not being in a cage and being able to vent my own opinions without people like you trashing them!!
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Have i rattled your cage?
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:50
Regular
Limited Appreciation for good games;

Bonuses Favourite all time list!!

1) Monkey Island 2
2) Half- Life
3) Deus EX
4) GT2
5) Shadow of Memories
6) Monkey Island
7) Final Fantasy 7
8) Sonic Adventure
9) Zelda Link's Awakening
10) Goldeneye
11) Magicland Dizzy

Don't preach to me, BOY!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.