GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it just me..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/09/05 at 17:00
Regular
Or has football suddenly become ever so boring?

I've really lost enthusiasm for it. I totally agree with the Chalton manager. The likes of Chelsea are totally destroying the sport with their millions.

Naturally it is not a new thought and it is often criticised. That there is more to the sport than money.

But look at the affect Chelsea have. They are mainly a defensive team. Prevent the opponent scoring and hope to score a few. Many other teams, including the likes of the England international team, are adopting this new defensive approach. But this is ripping the heart away from football.

Champions League final aside I cannot really remember the last football game I REALLLY enjoyed.

Is it about time the FA and UEFA imposed a "transfer cap" to prevent clubs with the billions running away from the rest of the league.

With the likes of Chelsea in the premiership, what chance does my team, Leeds, have of regaining their former glory... what chance does Newcastle have of winning the league?

I just hope for a few surprises in the premiership... because the Championship is a much more interesting place to be.

Dringo.
Sat 17/09/05 at 19:28
Regular
"Colourless"
Dringo wrote:
> But look at the affect Chelsea have. They are mainly a defensive
> team. Prevent the opponent scoring and hope to score a few.

Chelsea
Goals 2
Shots on target 7
Shots off Target 5
Blocked Shots 4
Corners Won 7
Possession 58%
Sat 17/09/05 at 20:11
Regular
"Mozzy"
I agree with you Dringo. When I saw it was 0-0 at half time I was like "Yes! C'mon"....then they scored. :(
Sat 17/09/05 at 20:25
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Kawada wrote:
> Not too sure whether it's because baseball is still going but i've
> found my interest in the Premiership isn't as strong as it was in
> previous years. Found myself looking forward to the La Liga games far
> more now.

La Liga is poor

Ive seen Real Madrid at the Bernau and it was awful and they even won the game against Osasuna.

You see Barca on every week...if you saw arsenal or man u every week then itd be more exciting than blackburn bolton.

This really annoys me about the TV fan
Sat 17/09/05 at 20:59
Regular
Anyone watch valencia vs deportivo today? fooking class mate.
Sat 17/09/05 at 21:04
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Georgey5 wrote:
> La Liga is poor
>
> Ive seen Real Madrid at the Bernau and it was awful and they even won
> the game against Osasuna.
>
> You see Barca on every week...if you saw arsenal or man u every week
> then itd be more exciting than blackburn bolton.
>
> This really annoys me about the TV fan

ANYTHING would be more exciting than Blackburn vs Bolton. It's not because you see the big clubs playing every week that make La Liga watchable. Watch a Betis game, a Villareal game, or a Bilbao game. Last season, Bilbao, in the space of less than two weeks, came from 3-0 down twice at home, the first time winning 4-3, the second getting a 4-4 draw. And they only use players who come from the Basque region. Poor? Have you ever actually been to a match?
Sat 17/09/05 at 21:06
Regular
Blank wrote:
Have you ever actually been to a match?

:D
Sat 17/09/05 at 21:43
Regular
"not dead"
I think the Championship is a great league, and part of that is it's fluidity - not of the football, but the teams within it. Sheffield United are the team that have been there longest, and that's what 11 seasons? Other teams have other dropped down, or spent time in the Premier League.

But the Premier League has still got it. Some teams are trying to copy Chelsea, I wouldn't say Liverpool are though, even though they have a defensive formation, Rafa would have brought that to the club regardless of Chelsea. Arsenal are still playing intelligent attacking football - even though they're not what they where in the 'invincibles' season, and Man Utd have one of the most fluid forward formations playing - even though they do have a more cautious build-up these days. Hell, Newcastle don't play a 4-5-1 - or they won't now that they have attacking players. West Ham have proven in the last two games that you don't need to play defensively to do well.

As for exciting games, Arsenal 2 Man Utd 4 was one hell of a match last season, a game that almost had it all.

If only that had been the FA Cup final...

But seriously, watchign The Premiership Years over the summer, when Utd and Newcastle were competing for the title for a couple of consecutive seasons, there was some incredible attacking football being played. Man Utd managed to lose to Newcastle 5-0 and Southampton 6-3, back to back, and still come out on top. The league winner would often lose 5 or 6 games in the season, but make up for it with so many wins.

Really though, it's too early in the season, the league hasn't taken much of a shape yet, but it'll get there.

Liverpool vs Utd tomorrow, I'm looking forward to that, but I honestly don't expect a 2-3 or anything. Still, ask me if I'd rather sit and watch that or DIY - no contest.
Sat 17/09/05 at 21:52
Regular
I find it boring nowadays as well.

More money has been driven into the game (not chelsea but just in general) and teams can't afford to lose due to financial reasons. So they have all decided to defend heavily and look for the odd goal to win the game.

For example, Man U struggling to score many goals these last few seasons is not because the striker quality is lacking but it's due to the way teams play against them. Even Man U themselves are not playing like they once did.

The Champions League is also a huge factor killing the premiership. Teams are now starting to play like continental teams so that they are prepared for europe. Now when United won the champions league we played like a true British team. Ever since we have tried the continental way and have failed terribly.

Sorry for using United alot but being a United supporter an' all, I have more knowledge of them than other teams.
Sat 17/09/05 at 22:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Georgey5 wrote:
> You see Barca on every week...if you saw arsenal or man u every week
> then itd be more exciting than blackburn bolton.

Yea if only there was someway i'd be able to see every United or Arsenal game every week almost for the full 90 minutes. You know something like Match of the Day but far more in-depth, man i really wish a tv station would do something like that ..........

Ooopsey i mentioned the tv again didn't i? Ah well i'm going to soccer ball hell.
Sat 17/09/05 at 22:29
Regular
"You've upset me"
And that is why the Conference > the Premiership.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.