GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Football Accumulator Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/10/09 at 08:39
Regular
"THFC"
Right, i know some of you guys are not keen football fans so probably not a great thread for you - sorry.

However, for the few of us that enjoy football, i thought this could proove to be fun!

I love doing football Accumulators and very often, well actually never, have i won a bet of one. So to try help me spending all my hard earned cash i thought we could play a game. These are the rules (and even people who know nothing about football can play!)

Each week i will post the fixtures for the premier league on here.
From them you choose 4 games and say how it will go.
Getting 3 out of the 4 correct grants you a point.
Getting all 4 will get you 3 points.

Simple, right! I will of course keep a list on here and update the scored of the people playing.
So let me know if your interested in playing along. Fun game to keep me occupied and may actually help me finally win a bet!

THE LEAGUE TABLE

ButchML - 55
McLong - 43
Emmie87 - 38
dav2612 - 31
Sonic Chris - 29
Dragonlance - 28
HighflyerVII - 10
Warhunt - 8
Jubba - 3
tnc - 1
HM - 1
Black8704 - 0
Alfonse - 0
Page:
Fri 06/11/09 at 13:21
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
> Aston Villa, Man City, Tottenham, Arsenal & Everton
Fri 06/11/09 at 13:13
Regular
Aston Villa........... Bolton
Blackburn............ Portsmouth
Man City............. . Burnley
Tottenham...........Sunderland Draw
Wolves.................Arsenal

Sunday
----------
Chelsea............. Man United
Hull.....................Stoke
West Ham.........Everton
Wigan.................Fulham
Fri 06/11/09 at 13:05
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
> Aston Villa
> Man City
> Tottenham
> Arsenal
>
>Everton

And there are my 5 winners.
Fri 06/11/09 at 13:04
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Update here for Emmie seen as he is away/busy or problems with his int. Can't remember what he said.

This weekend's fixtures.

Aston Villa........... Bolton
Blackburn............ Portsmouth
Man City............. . Burnley
Tottenham...........Sunderland
Wolves.................Arsenal

Sunday
----------
Chelsea............. Man United
Hull.....................Stoke
West Ham.........Everton
Wigan.................Fulham
Wed 04/11/09 at 09:02
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Warhunt has a red side! :D

He better not, too many reds in Freeola as it is...

Sonic Chris wrote:
> Man United are easily the most hated side in the premiership

Probably not any more, though they have their moments;

Arsenal,
West Ham,
Chelsea,
Man U

That order.
Tue 03/11/09 at 19:00
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha, yeah not all that bad.

When I was in Portugal watching England against Switzerland (to be fair i was there for 10 days non-stop drinking really....70p a pint of Carls Export? Yes please) me and my mate met 2 scousers (self proclaimed).

One supported Man U and the other Liverpool. They were proper blinding. Ended up spending the entire holiday with them, having fun taking the mick out of the other fans.

One and only time I think Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and West Ham have co-existed so peacefully.

Incidentally I learned from that trip that some stereotypes aren't that normal. The Czech's were bloody hilarious, and nice people. And the Swiss are wimps..... they were singing about England on the strip. I walked over on my own, and they literally shut up and put their heads in their pints. I was honestly just going ask what they were singing, as I couldn't understand....must have been the Burberry and sunglasses at night combo :D
Tue 03/11/09 at 18:33
Regular
"How Ironic"
That's disgusting! Just to let you know, we're not all like that (i have to say we don't 'alf get some idiots in this city). Some people just don't enjoy the game properly, they're more bothered about abusing the opposition fans, instead of cheering their own team. Actually, i've just recalled. I went to the champions league Liverpool vs Chelsea Quarter final at anfield last season or the season before (can't remember) and coming out of anfield, some idiotic scall tried to start on a group of black londoners. I can tell you now, i've never seen him in the city since. They're all as bad as each other! xD

Chelsea won 3-1 :(
Tue 03/11/09 at 18:17
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Nah, Liverpool all the way. We went through a spell of playing them every single competition when I used to watch Chelsea more or less every other week.

On one occasion a group of Liverpool fans tried to attack my mate in a wheelchair because he was wearing a Chelsea scarf, which ended up with my other mate getting arrested for "protecting him" :S

On the other occasion (Carling Cup Final in Cardiff infact) 2 Liverpool fans actually broke his wheelchair after starting a fight with some locals.

I should note here by the way after some persuading they did pay him the money for the chair. But they didn't like doing it :S

So yeah, for personal reasons I don't like them :D

And to be honest, I actually feel Liverpool vs. Chelsea is more like a Derby game these days than Fulham is :S
Tue 03/11/09 at 17:51
Regular
"How Ironic"
Secretly you love Liverpool, it's ok to appreciate the 'previous mightiness' of the reds. Don't tell me you hate Liverpool more than Man United? Man United are easily the most hated side in the premiership, but also probably have the biggest fan base :(
Tue 03/11/09 at 17:40
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha don't insult me :P

I still dislike Liverpool more than any other team (for my own reasons :D) but I was merely saying that it shouldn't put loyal fans off. You gotta stick with your team :D

And as for yank owners, have no fear. Look at the Man U situation...they are yanks and that worked out ok........ oh wait...... ok nevermind :D
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.