GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/09/05 at 13:06
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Ok, i did perhaps a rather silly thing in rebooting my laptop yesterday. I saved all my files and such that i wanted to keep on my mp3 player ect ect.

Now, somethings clearly not gone right. I tried to reinstalled XP Home, which worked. However, it seems alot of my folders and such still exist from pre-reboot. That i guess isnt a big problem, but can anyone tell me why that happened?

The main thing is however, i cant get my sound to work, or my video cards. I want to play WoW but it wont load up, saying my video drivers need to be updated, but i dont know how to do that!

Theres lot of other silly little things that annoy me too. Whenever i scroll down on IE or Firefox, its really slow and lines appear across the screen as it adjusts and such. Also me keyboard wont stick to the UK layout.

If anyone could help with any of these problems, that would be great.

I knew i shouldnt have bothered rebooting!
Fri 16/09/05 at 13:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Twain wrote:
> Yes of course, but doesn't his monitor have to be plugged into the
> socket on the motherboard for that?

non, your graphics card acts as just an extended connection to your monitor, so even if it's not installed you can still plug your monitor in and it will work.
Thu 15/09/05 at 19:08
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Cheers for all the help guys. Managed to see what i did wrong now and busy reformatting and installing ect.

Should be WoWing again before long. Getting withdrawl symptons.
Thu 15/09/05 at 18:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
You're all being really bloody pedantic about someone missing out the word "drivers"

My mobo has onboard. I get a picture out of both sockets, until I disble to onboard in bios.
Thu 15/09/05 at 16:23
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Yes of course, but doesn't his monitor have to be plugged into the socket on the motherboard for that?

I have onboard graphics and a graphics card. I once got myself a new monitor and plugged it into the wrong video port and didn't get a picture.
Thu 15/09/05 at 13:28
Regular
"bit of a brain"
He would if his mobo has onboard graphics.
Wed 14/09/05 at 18:50
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Of course the card is installed. Otherwise he wouldn't get a picture at all, not even a crap one.
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:05
Regular
I knew what you meant.

I just happen to be very bored at work so I thought I'd torment you ^^
Wed 14/09/05 at 15:49
Regular
"the burning sky"
Damarus wrote:
> Tomm wrote:
> That may be due to not having your graphics card drivers
> installed.
>
> =D

Well as long as your graphics card drivers arent installed, its not worth having a gfx card in your computer :P I knew his GFX was in his computer, but I meant what you said :P
Wed 14/09/05 at 15:31
Regular
Tomm wrote:
> That may be due to not having your graphics card drivers installed.

=D
Wed 14/09/05 at 14:58
Regular
"the burning sky"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Theres lot of other silly little things that annoy me too. Whenever i
> scroll down on IE or Firefox, its really slow and lines appear across
> the screen as it adjusts and such.

That may be due to not having your graphics card installed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.