GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brock Lesnar is back"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/09/05 at 15:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
to wrestling, well in Japan at least.

Masahiro Chono announced today that Brock Lesnar would be debuting for New Japan Pro Wrestling at their 10/8 Tokyo Done event.

*marks out for Chono* ......... that is all
Mon 10/10/05 at 19:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Somehow i don't think the court would believe Vince McMahon or indeed anyone could threaten Brock Lesnar to do anything :-D
Mon 10/10/05 at 19:21
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Kawada wrote:

> Plus the fact i don't think it's actually legal to stop someone from
> making a living in an industry for 6 odd years no matter what they
> signed

Yeah something to do with the "Unfair Contract Act" or the equivalent in the USA. A contract can also be null and void if the person signed it under menaces and considering it was probably Vince who was there when it was signed it's be a good argument to use in court as well.

Perhaps all his wrestlers could use that excuse........
Mon 10/10/05 at 13:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The way i understand it now is that the no-compete clause is null and void, at the very least away from North America anyway (though i'm not too sure if it extends there now .............. TNA get calling)

This is because in his continued streak of petty and childish behaviour McMahon went and screwed himself by lowballing Lesnar on the contract offer after Lesnar said he'd take fair market value for his services, thus the contract is null and void.

Plus the fact i don't think it's actually legal to stop someone from making a living in an industry for 6 odd years no matter what they signed
Sat 24/09/05 at 12:34
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Apparently the news of Brock Lesner competing in Japan have had absolutely no effect on ticket sales, they are what would have been expected even if he hadn't been advertised for the show.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:26
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Credit: Rajah.com

IWGP champion Kazuyuki Fujita will face Masahiro Chono and Brock Lesnar announced today in Japan. Of course it will be interesting too see how this plays out because Lesnar has a no-compete clause with WWE that is still being enforced although he had meetings with WWE earlier this year.
Wed 14/09/05 at 19:27
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Kawada wrote:
> but then Brocky isn't the smartest cookie in the jar

Too right!

OK working for Vince McMahon might not be the nicest thing to do but he won't get a third chance thats for sure.
Wed 14/09/05 at 15:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Not too sure how it works with Japanese shows plus i think they'd be alot stricter with Brock's no compete clause and might have made it no competing anywhere. He's probably allowed to wrestle there otherwise he should have told Chono he couldn't but then Brocky isn't the smartest cookie in the jar
Wed 14/09/05 at 13:53
Regular
"..."
Kawada wrote:
> One would assume if he follows through, Lesnar probably isn't making
> the wisest decision, all things considered.[/I]
>
> Forgot about that no-compete clause, should make this even more
> interesting, especially with Vince flexing his legal muscles as of
> late

I thought tne 'no-compete' clauses were only enforced in America? Certainly Matt 'A-Train' Bloom, Sean O'Haire, James Gibson (Jamie Knoble) and John Hugger (Johnny Stamboli) have all competed in Japan whilst still under the 'no-compete' clause. I think they set some sort of legfal precedent that Japanese feds aren't competing with the WWE since they have completely disparate audiences or something like that.
Tue 13/09/05 at 21:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hmmmm, more news posted

While New Japan has not officially announced Lesnar as working the 10/8 Tokyo Dome show, Masahiro Chono has talked about it publicly, most notably earlier today at an airport he was at waiting on a flight to Germany.

The Lesnar/WWE lawsuit regarding the no-compete clause until 2010 is still ongoing, which makes this situation that much more complicated.

One would assume if he follows through, Lesnar probably isn't making the wisest decision, all things considered.

Forgot about that no-compete clause, should make this even more interesting, especially with Vince flexing his legal muscles as of late
Tue 13/09/05 at 17:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Except Chono has absolutely nothing to do with WWE and i think NJPW have slightly better things to do then mess around with WWE swerves

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.