GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Could microsoft suprise us all ????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/01 at 20:32
Regular
This may have been done recently or it may not. I am a massive ps2 fan(just because I don’t have a ps2 doesn’t mean I don’t like it)but have been quite worried in the last couple of weeks. I too hate Bill Gates and have been putting his console down and not giving it a chance, But it seems that the x-box will be bigger than expected.

We all love to sit and take the pi$$ out of Bill Gates Bowl hair cut but the new Microsoft console could be the biggest and conquer the console wars. I was all for hating it and the Microsoft director but after watching a games channel (.TV technology, game over) I realised how big the x-box’s success will be. Everyone is convincing everyone it will be to powerful for its own good but have you seen the smooth graphics on it. The extremely successful series Unreal is coming to the x-box in the form of unreal Championship. The game is not just a building ,cramped up based style(like unreal tournament) but has open fields leading to rivers and so on. This was a nice feature in its self but once tuning my TV in properly I saw the amazing graphics on it. The arm and gun was good enough for me but then seeing the gentle, polygon filled scenery. Not meaning to draw attention to one single game but its just the start for a possibly excellent future.

The games
The x-box is releasing some excellent games..proofà WWF raw Is war, Trans world skate boarding, Jet Set Radio, Dino crisis 3, Obi Wan and probably loads more but I have tried for about an hour and can’t find any others. I did try. Anyway my point being Microsoft have some good titles coming and which could make the people change their minds about purchasing Bill” Bowl cut” gates console of the year. Maybe I am being a little enthusiastic and exaggerating it a bit.

Now , good news for sega fans. Microsoft has signed a deal with sega, which will mean sega will make about 12 games to start with on the x-box. Jet set radio (a popular game on the Dreamcast) will be appearing and with all new graphics and abilities. Crazi taxi is also coming. But one for the real arcade fans HOUSE OF THE DEAD 3 is being made for the x-box. This will include a special comfort light gun. And for the sports fans the following games were announced, NFL, NBA, World Series Baseball and NCAA Football. And for you people that like to smash your way through games, Nascar has come and is a guaranteed success seeing the ability to play anyone over the Internet is available. AND finally DEAD OR ALIVE 3 will be on the x-box and is guaranteed to set the standards for all Beat em ups to come.

Now, we all know that the x-box isn’t the only next-gen console so lets look at what the Gamecube and PS2 have going for them.
PS2- The ps2 has been heavily criticised as not being good enough but most of the people that do it just don’t want to believe that Sony have come up with a console that will match the Gamecube and x-box. With putting games like SSX, Ridge Racer 5 and Timesplitters on the release the ps2 was going well, selling out instantly in Britain. For the unlucky SONy fans that had to wait until England had anymore PS2s playing Tekken 3 and GT2 was all that could satisfy them. Then came march, ps2s were back in again but this time did not sell out. Even the most Die hard Nintendo fans will now have to admit the ps2 has great games and the console still has many more years. If there is a massive Nintendo fan reading this and thinking “the ps2 will be pats” you should go and read and issue of PSM2. With games like mgs2 (Which by the way will be the game that stretches all limits and show’s what the console can really do) the ps2 can match up to anything. And if the ps2 does not compare in any way to the Gamecube or X-box then wait for the PS3.

Gamecube
This is the console everyone thinks will win the “console WAR”. With the N64 always being better than the PS1, Nintendo FANs can look forward to some excellent sequels. He capability on the Cube matches the X-box’s so its really down to the fans and the games. Even though I am getting a ps2 in a few weeks, I have always loved Nintendo’s style and can’t wait for the return of Mario, Link and Joanna Dark. The one part I’m not so thrilled about is the return of Pokemon. Maybe for some this will be a welcome comeback but for me its just one game toooo many. Nintendo are kindly keeping their Fans happy with the Game Boy Advance, A game boy, But 3D. The Gamecube looks promising and with the return of the classic characters its just too perfect for the fans.

I’m sorry to bring up the subject again but this time I am not stating the obvious. I think the x-box could surprise all of us. Microsoft are getting games off Sega as you are reading right now, (unless Reaper {DC} is because he never sleeps)and after all, isn’t it the games that sell the console …… yes(unless you just buy it for the web)
Most of you probably hate Bill gates too much to hear me out and admit it is looking good for the multimillionaire. Obviously it has some competition from the Gamecube and PS2 but maybe it can eliminate them both, or maybe I am staying up to late trying to prove my point(it did take me 2 days to find all those games and have the proof so none of this is false.)and seeing things in my head, I don’t know. But one thing is for sure Bill Gates Needs a new Haircut…..and That the x-box is a great console. Could it surprise us all. Reply if you want a mature conversation about this, or if you want to snigger at Bill gates…

THANX
Khazar
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:32
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
This may have been done recently or it may not. I am a massive ps2 fan(just because I don’t have a ps2 doesn’t mean I don’t like it)but have been quite worried in the last couple of weeks. I too hate Bill Gates and have been putting his console down and not giving it a chance, But it seems that the x-box will be bigger than expected.

We all love to sit and take the pi$$ out of Bill Gates Bowl hair cut but the new Microsoft console could be the biggest and conquer the console wars. I was all for hating it and the Microsoft director but after watching a games channel (.TV technology, game over) I realised how big the x-box’s success will be. Everyone is convincing everyone it will be to powerful for its own good but have you seen the smooth graphics on it. The extremely successful series Unreal is coming to the x-box in the form of unreal Championship. The game is not just a building ,cramped up based style(like unreal tournament) but has open fields leading to rivers and so on. This was a nice feature in its self but once tuning my TV in properly I saw the amazing graphics on it. The arm and gun was good enough for me but then seeing the gentle, polygon filled scenery. Not meaning to draw attention to one single game but its just the start for a possibly excellent future.

The games
The x-box is releasing some excellent games..proofà WWF raw Is war, Trans world skate boarding, Jet Set Radio, Dino crisis 3, Obi Wan and probably loads more but I have tried for about an hour and can’t find any others. I did try. Anyway my point being Microsoft have some good titles coming and which could make the people change their minds about purchasing Bill” Bowl cut” gates console of the year. Maybe I am being a little enthusiastic and exaggerating it a bit.

Now , good news for sega fans. Microsoft has signed a deal with sega, which will mean sega will make about 12 games to start with on the x-box. Jet set radio (a popular game on the Dreamcast) will be appearing and with all new graphics and abilities. Crazi taxi is also coming. But one for the real arcade fans HOUSE OF THE DEAD 3 is being made for the x-box. This will include a special comfort light gun. And for the sports fans the following games were announced, NFL, NBA, World Series Baseball and NCAA Football. And for you people that like to smash your way through games, Nascar has come and is a guaranteed success seeing the ability to play anyone over the Internet is available. AND finally DEAD OR ALIVE 3 will be on the x-box and is guaranteed to set the standards for all Beat em ups to come.

Now, we all know that the x-box isn’t the only next-gen console so lets look at what the Gamecube and PS2 have going for them.
PS2- The ps2 has been heavily criticised as not being good enough but most of the people that do it just don’t want to believe that Sony have come up with a console that will match the Gamecube and x-box. With putting games like SSX, Ridge Racer 5 and Timesplitters on the release the ps2 was going well, selling out instantly in Britain. For the unlucky SONy fans that had to wait until England had anymore PS2s playing Tekken 3 and GT2 was all that could satisfy them. Then came march, ps2s were back in again but this time did not sell out. Even the most Die hard Nintendo fans will now have to admit the ps2 has great games and the console still has many more years. If there is a massive Nintendo fan reading this and thinking “the ps2 will be pats” you should go and read and issue of PSM2. With games like mgs2 (Which by the way will be the game that stretches all limits and show’s what the console can really do) the ps2 can match up to anything. And if the ps2 does not compare in any way to the Gamecube or X-box then wait for the PS3.

Gamecube
This is the console everyone thinks will win the “console WAR”. With the N64 always being better than the PS1, Nintendo FANs can look forward to some excellent sequels. He capability on the Cube matches the X-box’s so its really down to the fans and the games. Even though I am getting a ps2 in a few weeks, I have always loved Nintendo’s style and can’t wait for the return of Mario, Link and Joanna Dark. The one part I’m not so thrilled about is the return of Pokemon. Maybe for some this will be a welcome comeback but for me its just one game toooo many. Nintendo are kindly keeping their Fans happy with the Game Boy Advance, A game boy, But 3D. The Gamecube looks promising and with the return of the classic characters its just too perfect for the fans.

I’m sorry to bring up the subject again but this time I am not stating the obvious. I think the x-box could surprise all of us. Microsoft are getting games off Sega as you are reading right now, (unless Reaper {DC} is because he never sleeps)and after all, isn’t it the games that sell the console …… yes(unless you just buy it for the web)
Most of you probably hate Bill gates too much to hear me out and admit it is looking good for the multimillionaire. Obviously it has some competition from the Gamecube and PS2 but maybe it can eliminate them both, or maybe I am staying up to late trying to prove my point(it did take me 2 days to find all those games and have the proof so none of this is false.)and seeing things in my head, I don’t know. But one thing is for sure Bill Gates Needs a new Haircut…..and That the x-box is a great console. Could it surprise us all. Reply if you want a mature conversation about this, or if you want to snigger at Bill gates…

THANX
Khazar
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:33
Regular
"You've upset me"
Yawn, console wars....
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:35
Regular
No-one is going to buy a x-box, i'm sure of it. Okay a few sales here and there but i cant see it being a success. what have microsoft got to offer to the gaming world? The market is fine as it is and the x-box will fall to its death.
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
khazar wrote:

it seems that the x-box will be bigger than expected.

I don't think anyone expected it to be that big, have you seen the size of the £$^£%"$ thing?! It is about the size of 6 Gamecubes!!!!!!

They don't do anything small these Americans!

Should be called the X-cessive-Box!

Ha!

Game
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
This isn't like the usual gamecube is going to win easy thing though. The x-box could do it.
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:37
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Oh well.....I was trying to be respected for the writing. The x-box probaly won't do it but I tried. Nobdy will give it a chance...Oh well...PS2 lives.
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:38
Regular
No-chance of the x-box beating the cube. In america they are practically released at the same time and the cube is $100 cheaper. That equals 3 xtra games for the same price as a box. u gonna be paying big bucks if u want a box with games.
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:40
Regular
"You've upset me"
khazar wrote:
> Oh well.....I was trying to be respected for the writing. The x-box
> probaly won't do it but I tried. Nobdy will give it a chance...Oh
> well...PS2 lives.

You said it boy :-)))))) <--- Cheeky smile
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:42
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
So I humiliated myself by
1)writing something no-one believes in
2)no-one commenting on how hard I tried to make it work and how long I researched for..

I did post some valid points. Actually all of them were good. But obviously not good enough to beat the cube. Not my fault. Trying to convince you lot would be impossible for anyone.
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:45
The fact of the matter is: Nintendo is more popular in the console market, and has vast amount of fans. The same goes to Sony.
And will make it worse, is that the prices of Ninty's and Sony's console will be cheaper: Ninty are releasing the console cheaper than Xbox, and Sony will most likely drop the price around the time of Xbox's release.
And let's not forget that Bill Gates has quite a bad reputation amongst console gamers, and this will also affect the Xbox.

This will be Microsofts first entry in the console market, and it could very well be the last.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.