GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you could see any 5 bands die..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/08/05 at 11:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Had to be done really.
Sun 28/08/05 at 22:13
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
>
> Aha. It seems everyone hates the Bravery, bar one song, but it's
> never the same one.
>
> You choose Public Service Announcement ... :' (

It's the funkiest one of them all.
Sun 28/08/05 at 22:12
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
>
> I've heard 'Never Lose ...' and I love it - still a hint of the Libs,
> while sounding very different. Lovely singing voice, too. Reminds me
> of Bob Dylan a little.
>
>

I didn't go crazy for that, but I heard their new song on Zane Lowe the other day and it was really really good. I think they are a better prospect than Babyshambles.
Sun 28/08/05 at 21:44
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I quite like the guitar on F Forever, you know the instrument played by Unnamed sack of bones #1.
Sun 28/08/05 at 21:34
"period drama"
Asher wrote:
> Yeah. I mean if you've heard the new Yeti stuff, it's really good,

I've heard 'Never Lose ...' and I love it - still a hint of the Libs, while sounding very different. Lovely singing voice, too. Reminds me of Bob Dylan a little.

> and Carl Barat always had the better voice and charisma anyways. The
> Libertines as a group were really good,

My favourite songs are with Pete and Carl singing alternate verse / chorus or whatever. They've got quite similar voices, but it's a nice, slight, difference in sounds.

Carl's solo stuff is excellent, yeah - give me anything by him over what Pete is 'producing' these days, if you can call it that.

but strip them down to
> individuals and Pete is nowhere near as good as his bandmates.

Certainly not.
Well, the Babyshambles stuff he did while the Libs were together was actually pretty good - basically just acoustic Libs. But since the official split ... it's just terrible, with Pete stumbling around, shouting and mumbling the lyrics, expecting people to be happy just because it's him.

Rargh. I'd really just like to straight-punch him in the fase, tell him to grow up, get back with the Libs and be good again.
Sun 28/08/05 at 21:25
"period drama"
Asher wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
>
> No, the Bravery have Out of Line. Nothing else.
>
> You mean the one song on that album that physically hurts my ears?
> What are you on about? The only one worse than that is the godawful
> bonus song Hot Pursuit.

Aha. It seems everyone hates the Bravery, bar one song, but it's never the same one.

You choose Public Service Announcement ... :' (
Sun 28/08/05 at 21:20
Regular
They were good at the time, when we were the equivalent of "teeny boppers", but it was easy to grow out of them

Having listened to some recently I'd say they're still not awful, and as you said about Rap, you can't be too quick to judge

Their newer stuff is pants though
Sun 28/08/05 at 21:19
Regular
I didn't say it wouldn't get them a career, I just said it was never going to be good.

Were Sum 41 good?

Case closed.
Sun 28/08/05 at 21:17
Regular
Sum 41 made a career out of it
Sun 28/08/05 at 21:16
Regular
A punk boyband was never really going to be good though, was it?
Sat 27/08/05 at 21:22
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Goddamn I hate The Bravery.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.