GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Prepare To Hold A Revolution In Your Hands'"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/08/05 at 01:55
Regular
[URL]http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowArticle.action?article=1123689736373&site=odw_en_GB[/URL]

Those cheeky little gimps.

So this is the new tagline of the PSP?
'Revolution what now? Isn't that sony?'

Mind you, it's hardly a surprise, this is the company that shafted everyone with E3 Tekken 'demos' that basically lied about the PS2's capabilities.

Ah well, ninty finally get their ass in gear with a bit of advertising, then sony hand them that very same ass, by showing them how cheap media manipulation should be done.

I foresee ninty getting shafted again. Nice guys finish last, and nice guys who are incapable of presenting themselves in a positive light, while nasty guys kick them in the nuts, don't even make it as far as the finish.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:15
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I've issues with the PS2 controller but thankfully: [URL]http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=164&products_id=7051&[/URL]

I now plan to get a PS2 at some point.
Tue 30/08/05 at 19:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think the nub would be fine if they put it in a sensible place. I really don't understand Sony's problem with having analog as the main method of control.

I mean have you played Smonkey Ball on the PS2? It just isn't the same. I don't think they'll ever learn.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:26
Regular
"es argh"
Edgy wrote:
> I played a PSP yesterday.
>
> Can't say I liked the Analogue. It doesn't feel right and the
> position it has been designed to be in was decided by a monkey.
>
> Obviously graphics are nicer than DS. We all know that.
>
> However, the machine didn't excite me.
>
> My overall opinion of the machine can only be expressed by a shrug.

Aye, the analogue thingy isnt really an analogue, it's just a nub that moves along straightly, err, like the analogue thingies are spherical yet this nub thing is just mnuuh.

So yeah, the nub's dogshit.

What games did you play?
Sun 28/08/05 at 17:21
Regular
"8==="
Tphi wrote:
> Dringo burnt:
> Bullett wrote:
> Rai wrote:
> Dringo burnt:
> Bullett wrote:
> Rai wrote:
>
> :D
Sun 28/08/05 at 17:17
"period drama"
My DS has been shrugged into a corner for a while.
But I think Mario Kart and Animal Crossing will change that.
Sun 28/08/05 at 16:32
Regular
To be fair, that's pretty much my opinion on both systems.

At least Nintendo are trying something new... but other than that...

*shrug*
Sun 28/08/05 at 16:17
Regular
I played a PSP yesterday.

Can't say I liked the Analogue. It doesn't feel right and the position it has been designed to be in was decided by a monkey.

Obviously graphics are nicer than DS. We all know that.

However, the machine didn't excite me.

My overall opinion of the machine can only be expressed by a shrug.
Sun 28/08/05 at 14:20
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Bullett wrote:
> Rai wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Bullett wrote:
> Rai wrote:

:D
Sat 27/08/05 at 23:58
Regular
Bullett wrote:
> Rai wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Bullett wrote:
> Rai wrote:
> PSP has no decent games.

Don't drag me into this, of course there are decent games..
Sat 27/08/05 at 23:57
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> I just find the PS3 lacks character and I don't like that at all.
>
> "lacks character". What on earth does this mean? I know -
> it means it's not made by Nintendo. You haven't seen any of the
> games, so you must just be talking about Sony's marketing and the
> aesthetics of the design. Good way to judge something, by it's cover,
> that.

PS2 is sitting down the hall and I think the X-box has character.

The PS2 is faceless, it has no personalised big hitters nor does he have any real original characteristics, the eye toy helped slightly.

Lacked character, lacked personality. I mean come on, their biggest first party title is Gran Turismo!

The playstation brand, in general, doesn't have anything special about it... their sequels, their franchises are intensely corporate and difficult to have any real affection for.

People buy the playstation for so many different reasons. People buy Microsoft for Halo and Live and that's its sorta characteristic, that's its style. Whilst Nintendo fans have the whole Mario/Zelda thing.

Don't go dragging me into the console war. As far as I am concerned Nintendo are messing us around with stupid new ideas they don't wanna tell us about, Microsoft are releasing an overpriced system too early whilst Sony are set to release another faceless realism clone.

Game industry is dead.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.