GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do I do?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/08/05 at 13:04
"possibly impossible"
Someone offered me £25 for San Andreas today. I could use the money to get another PSP game (either Wipeout Pure or Everybody's Golf -aka Hotshots)

Problem is, £15 is in Virgin vouchers, and I hate getting games from that overpriced place...

So. Do I sell the game, even though I'm only a few missions in and will want to play it again, so that I can get another PSP game on launch?

hm...help me out...
Thu 18/08/05 at 13:04
"possibly impossible"
Someone offered me £25 for San Andreas today. I could use the money to get another PSP game (either Wipeout Pure or Everybody's Golf -aka Hotshots)

Problem is, £15 is in Virgin vouchers, and I hate getting games from that overpriced place...

So. Do I sell the game, even though I'm only a few missions in and will want to play it again, so that I can get another PSP game on launch?

hm...help me out...
Thu 18/08/05 at 13:16
Regular
"Mozzy"
Hmmm...Hot Shots golf is really good, the best PSP game i've played, and im not even a golf fan, I dont know anything about golf (well, I do now).

But San Andreas is pretty good fun sometimes. When you get your PSP you'll probably be too busy downloading loads of stuff for it like movies, backgrounds, music, magazines etc that you probably wont play GTA much.

But it's up to you.

I think every PSP owner should try Hot Shots golf though, I cant see how anybody wouldn't like it, it's so fun and cute.

^_^

Why dont you sell the game somewhere else like Ebay or trade it in GAME, that way you wont have to get a PSP game from Virgin.
Thu 18/08/05 at 13:22
"possibly impossible"
Good idea, but I won't, because GTA SA is only going for about £15-£20 on ebay.

From their website, virgin are trying to sell most of their PSP games for £32 - less than retail, but more than the net (and SR) price. However, I will be getting GTA on PSP when it comes out (already put down for it on SR), so will that be a replacement for San An?
Thu 18/08/05 at 13:42
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I got San Andreas, couldn't be bothered to play it, next day a mate offered to buy it for any price (so i said £27.50) and made myself a packet having won it from GAD. :P

I'd say go for it.
Thu 18/08/05 at 14:11
Regular
"The definitive tag"
pb wrote:
> Good idea, but I won't, because GTA SA is only going for about
> £15-£20 on ebay.
>
> From their website, virgin are trying to sell most of their PSP games
> for £32 - less than retail, but more than the net (and SR)
> price. However, I will be getting GTA on PSP when it comes out
> (already put down for it on SR), so will that be a replacement for
> San An?

I seriously doubt it will be a replacement, it might be good, but it won't be as good.
Thu 18/08/05 at 14:22
"High polygon count"
I'd take the money.

I've barely played SA since I got it at launch. I just can't seem to get into it at all, despite absolutely loving GTA3 and Vice City. I think the relatively crappy soundtrack has a lot to do with it.

I haven't even opened up the 2nd section of the map yet!
Thu 18/08/05 at 18:13
Regular
"Mozzy"
PSP GTA will definately not be as big as San Andreas, but Vice City wasn't as big as SA and I thought it was better.

As long as it has the same amount of free roaming Vice City had then i'll love it.
Thu 18/08/05 at 18:52
Regular
"The definitive tag"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I'd take the money.
>
> I've barely played SA since I got it at launch. I just can't seem to
> get into it at all, despite absolutely loving GTA3 and Vice City. I
> think the relatively crappy soundtrack has a lot to do with it.
>
> I haven't even opened up the 2nd section of the map yet!

It's boring. I've finished all the missions and got it up to 65% or something but I've lost interest now. The free roaming element isn't exciting anymore because it's been done to death, which leaves San Andreas with nothing to entice me.

I'd have to agree about the soundtrack, it's rubbish. Vice City had a marvellous soundtrack and I could listen to whatever came on. On San Andreas I usually turned it off because everything on the play-list made the experience seem that little bit more dull.
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:25
Take the money, then buy Hot Shots Golf off me.
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:28
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If yuo think that you'd prefer whatever PSP game you'd get to GTA, then go for it. Personally, I'd say sell your PS2 version of SA and buy the PC version.

Don't forget you can always just go and hang around Virgin, and then swap your vouchers with someone who is actually going to buy something there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.