GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RastaBilly"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/08/05 at 22:42
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Cambs fan, eh? Just thought I'd welcome you to the conference:

[URL]http://217.32.111.1/clusternationwideportal/index.jsp[/URL]

You're not starved of highlights even at this level. Although they do seem to be a bit behind this season, they haven't updated it with the new teams, I'm pretty sure they will have the highlights of all conf games because they've also got some live games scheduled.
Sat 17/09/05 at 19:43
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Liked the away stand, but could you sort of move/extend your pitch closer to it? Also, your stewards were a joke. We got criticised last season because our stewards were apparantly "over-protective" but yours chucked out 2 of our fans for doing little more than chanting. Nothing racist or anything, mainly shouting "Cheat" at the ref. Also my brother wasn't allowed to take pictures - wtf?

Anyway, yeah, both sides were below average, really. We came alive a bit second half and probably edged the game but didn't play to our potential. We're really missing Sells. You actually looked really impressive in spells but all too often short of ideas up front. As you said Gleeson had a good game, based on today I'd say he was your best player. Oh, and your keeper was crap when he was at Shrewsbury, the only plus point being he now has long hair. Yey that and stuff.

As for the ref, early on he was being far more generous to you but as the game progressed he gave some truly diabolical deicisons both ways. In the end it turned out it was us to benefit due to that free-kick we scored almost certainly not being one. By the same token, though, one of your centre-backs was all over Richards from the time he came on and I think that was pretty much the only free-kick Rico won!

Oh, and that park that's filled with horse crap behind the west stand is disgusting - hence probably why away fans have to walk through it to get in.

Where were you standing/sitting? I was slightly to the left of the away stand goal and towards the back.
Sat 17/09/05 at 20:29
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ashman wrote:
> Liked the away stand, but could you sort of move/extend your pitch
> closer to it?

Heh, that's something odd this season. The pitch seems to have moved closer to the NRE. It was about 7 yards further away from us last season but now the net is practically touching the ad boards.

Also, your stewards were a joke. We got criticised last
> season because our stewards were apparantly
> "over-protective" but yours chucked out 2 of our fans for
> doing little more than chanting. Nothing racist or anything, mainly
> shouting "Cheat" at the ref. Also my brother wasn't allowed
> to take pictures - wtf?

Tell me about it. The majority of them are OK but a couple are right twunts. Fair play, they're doing a job for free but they still could be a bit nicer about it. We only discovered the picture issue last home game (2 weeks back) when this guy in front of us was stopped taking pictures due to "copyright issues". Load of balls.

> Anyway, yeah, both sides were below average, really. We came alive a
> bit second half and probably edged the game but didn't play to our
> potential. We're really missing Sells. You actually looked really
> impressive in spells but all too often short of ideas up front.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. We really dominated you for about 55 mins but as soon as that goal went in our heads dropped, which is incredibly frustrating if understandable considering our recent form. After that we had no chance. We were missing Fola and Smithy today too, which didn't help. But yeah, creatively there's something missing at the moment.

As
> you said Gleeson had a good game, based on today I'd say he was your
> best player.

Hahahaha. :-D He's been pish-poor until today. Big, big shame considering he was showing so much potential last season. The word is that he's got some personal issues at the moment that he's been bringing onto the pitch, but perhaps he's turned a corner. I certainly hope so because, as I said, he's got enormous potential and I like the lad a lot.

Oh, and your keeper was crap when he was at Shrewsbury,
> the only plus point being he now has long hair. Yey that and stuff.

Heh. That was his debut for us today. We usually play a 17 old lad on loan from West Ham by the name of Behcet, who actually has been pretty solid this season, so I was surprised to see Howie starting.

> As for the ref, early on he was being far more generous to you but as
> the game progressed he gave some truly diabolical deicisons both ways.

I wouldn't say he was being generous to us early on, but there you go :-)

> In the end it turned out it was us to benefit due to that free-kick we
> scored almost certainly not being one.

Sweet strike that, couldn't see whether it actually was a FK or not but I was outraged anyway :-D

> Oh, and that park that's filled with horse crap behind the west stand
> is disgusting - hence probably why away fans have to walk through it
> to get in.

Yeah, sorry about that. Not our fault though.

> Where were you standing/sitting? I was slightly to the left of the
> away stand goal and towards the back.

I think I may have spotted you, were you between the black "U" and "F" seats? I was in the NRE, the stand opposite, pretty much parallel with the lefthand post (from your perspective).

The attendance was pretty poor today, the NRE and the Main Stand are usually packed but that's to be expected what with our recent form. We were generally pretty quiet today as well, save for the opening and end of the second half.

EDIT: By the way, behind Hereford, you were the second largest away support we've had so far. Well done :-)

EDIT EDIT: And your centre-back is HUGE! Olivers I think his name was. Bit of a Crouch lookalike too.
Sat 17/09/05 at 20:37
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Nah, I was a bit further along from that. In line with the left-hand side (from my perspective) of the 18 yard box I think.

As for Howie, unless he's changed since his Shrewsbury days he's a massive flapper but a great penalty saver.

We normally create more of an atmosphere when in terracing, so today we were pretty quiet. Not sure how many we brought but it didn't look too bad a turn out on our part.

Just out of interest, who did you think were our better players? Eg. anyone you looked at and thought "wouldn't mind them in our team"?
Sat 17/09/05 at 20:41
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ashman wrote:
> Nah, I was a bit further along from that. In line with the left-hand
> side (from my perspective) of the 18 yard box I think.

Ah, didn't see you then :-)

> As for Howie, unless he's changed since his Shrewsbury days he's a
> massive flapper but a great penalty saver.

Like I say, that's the first time we've seen him play so I don't know. Not much he could've done about the goals so it'd be harsh to judge him on todays performance. He did make one good save in the first half though.

> We normally create more of an atmosphere when in terracing, so today
> we were pretty quiet. Not sure how many we brought but it didn't look
> too bad a turn out on our part.

Yeah you were fairly quiet, only really seemed to get at all vocal towards the end :-)

> Just out of interest, who did you think were our better players? Eg.
> anyone you looked at and thought "wouldn't mind them in our
> team"?

Your right winger. He was pacy and knew how to cross which is exactly what we need right now. We've got Dave Daniels (who started today) but he's too inexperienced (like a lot of our team unfortunately).
Sat 17/09/05 at 21:06
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Yeah Ferguson played really well today, unfortunately he's a tad inconsistant. One week he'll play like a powderpuff the next he'll do something amazing. One thing Fergie will always have on his side is his pace though - I just wish he took people on even more often. You can sort of see how he used to have played Scottish Prem (17 appearances in a season for Motherwell) if he was on his game.

Today the moment he broke away pretty much anchored the victory for us seeing as it led to a goal, and from then on we controlled it. At the end of the day if you'd have scored in the first half when you had most of the possession things would have been different, but like I said earlier you seem to be missing a spark of creativity in the last third.
Sat 17/09/05 at 21:48
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ah well. We'll cane you away ;-)

I so so hope we can raise our game against Grays for Tuesday. We've got Altrincham and Burton at home after that so I'm just praying we can get at least one win under our belts there to re-start our season.
Sat 17/09/05 at 21:50
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Will you be at Kingfield for the return leg on March 4th?
Sat 17/09/05 at 21:56
Regular
"You've upset me"
Possibly. I've yet to make it to an away game this season which is a shame. How long did the journey take you today?
Sat 17/09/05 at 22:13
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
About 2 and a half hours, but there was a couple of accidents on the way, and the traffic into Cambridge was just awful, whereas into Woking its not that bad. I'd suggest leaving at about 12:15 to make a 3pm kick-off if you came to us, as its extremely unlikely to take more time than that, though that also depends on how far from Cambridge you live. Don't know if that helps your decision or not.
Sat 17/09/05 at 22:19
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
It seems that Ash and Rasta are the only two that post in here...

I'll see to that.

Exeter are my local team. I support them, ish. Anyhoo, who wants to welcome me to the conference?

:^)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.