GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Big IE/FF Discrepancy List (tm Monkey_man forever)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/08/05 at 20:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ok peeps, thought this would be a bit of "fun". Some of us are happy to accept that Internet Explorer exists, and that a majority of casual internet users have it. And there are some of us that refuse to use it, banishing it to the recycle bin of our minds. So basically just list known differences between the two, pros/cons, etc. I think it'll be helpful, for some reason that I haven't decided yet.

FF doesn't highlight
's, whereas IE does.
IF doesn't center objects correctly - there's always 1px difference if you center a background and a table.

Your turn (don't be too harsh on li'l old IE, MS are still learning...)
Wed 03/08/05 at 21:50
Regular
You're speaking like a Rubex Cube
Wed 03/08/05 at 21:43
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
monkey_man wrote:
> FF doesn't highlight
's, whereas IE does.
> IF doesn't center objects correctly - there's always 1px difference
> if you center a background and a table.

You'll find it's IE that has it wrong in all aspects. FF conforms to every W3C standard it uses where as IE doesn't (though IE7 comes close) so any problems with FF tends to be down to the authors code and not the engine itself.

If IE got it right, I wouldn't need to write several hacks (and opera) which aren't required for FF.

tbh, it's pointless comparing a 2 yr old browser to on that is updates almost every 12 weeks, maybe this would be more relevant after Beta2 of IE7 when they finally implement CSS2, CSS2.1 and xHTML/XML correctly.
Wed 03/08/05 at 20:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ok peeps, thought this would be a bit of "fun". Some of us are happy to accept that Internet Explorer exists, and that a majority of casual internet users have it. And there are some of us that refuse to use it, banishing it to the recycle bin of our minds. So basically just list known differences between the two, pros/cons, etc. I think it'll be helpful, for some reason that I haven't decided yet.

FF doesn't highlight
's, whereas IE does.
IF doesn't center objects correctly - there's always 1px difference if you center a background and a table.

Your turn (don't be too harsh on li'l old IE, MS are still learning...)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.