GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forest"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/07/05 at 09:02
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Forest Fan wrote:

>
> Obviously, and they shouldn't have shot him. It wasn't a split second
> decision from what I gather, they had no reason to shoot him and the
> police were in the wrong in my opinion. But I agree with the general
> principle of disabling terrorists by shooting to kill.

So...they followed him from a block of flats, chased him into a tube station, ran after him, and made (to the best of my knowledge) no initial attempt to stop him prior to this chase...all in a split second? NB. You'd said it WASN'T a split second; apologies for that.

And I note you make no attempt to address my accusation that you're taking sickening pleasure in the death of someone whom you believed to be a terrorist.

> One of the main Christian principles (as Aquinas puts it) is to
> preserve life and protect the innocent. Of course it is better to
> terminate one life which seeks to destroy many others, than let
> innocents die.

And this relates to the death of an innocent man...how exactly?

Leaving aside my amusement at seeing you go from "Catholicism is the work of the devil" to quoting a Catholic saint, did Aquinas say that you should take pleasure in preserving life and protecting the innocent by means of killing? St Thomas referred to the Capital Sentence when he talked of protecting the innocent, which implies a due process. Where is the due process in chasing a man down and shooting him in the head?

Have you looked at the Evangelium Vitae, which states quite clearly that;

The direct and voluntary killing of an innocent human being is always gravely immoral"

Or maybe The Catechism which, quoting the instruction "Donum vitae," states,

"God alone is the Lord of life from its beginning until its end: no one can under any circumstance claim for himself the right directly to destroy an innocent human being"

Or, again, can I ask you to reconsider that whole wacky "Thou shalt not kill" principle that you seem to have forgotten?

> Well that's the truth, isn't it?

Yes, it is. And, as I said, I do so because you never, EVER think about what you're saying. You spout a learned-by-rote slogan that you don't even understand. And I take great enjoyment making you think, seeing as you clearly dislike doing so. Your petulant running away once your "jewish christianity" lying was dissected gave that away.

Now then; that's enough for this thread. If you want to continue this, here's the new thread for it.
Mon 08/08/05 at 10:08
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Archangel wrote:

> Haven't been here in a while (and I'm SURE all of you missed me!),
> but I just dropped in to see what's up.
> Light, out of curiosity of the above statement, does this mean I need
> to learn to read Hebrew and Greek to understand the original
> teachings? If so, I'm in trouble. I have enough problems with English
> myself, much less foreign languages.

Not only that, but you need to learn the basics of time travel; the Gospels that were used for the Vulgate were put together a minimum of 100 years after the time of Christ. They're the theological equivalent of Chinese Whispers.

OR, as a far more reasonable approach, one could abandon the utter lunacy of trying to follow a literal interpretation of a series of contradictory books, accept that they're a guide rather than an instruction manual, and follow an interpretation that is pleasing to ones conscience. Just a thought.

>
> More stuff

And if they're your beliefs, you go for it. I don't agree with the fine print of 'em, but if it gets you through the night, who cares what I think.
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:40
Regular
The point being is that a Jew is someone who rejects Jesus so for someone to be a Jewish Christian is for something to be a cooling heater? Or a bright darkness? Or just something self-contradictory?

I think he means Semetic Christian, which means some Jewish traditions but wiht a Christian faith.
Sun 07/08/05 at 23:12
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
Light wrote:
> Where does one get these teachings if not from the Bible, a document
> which is the result of Christian distortion and embellishment? How
> can anyone therefore claim to follow the "original"
> teachings?

Haven't been here in a while (and I'm SURE all of you missed me!), but I just dropped in to see what's up.
Light, out of curiosity of the above statement, does this mean I need to learn to read Hebrew and Greek to understand the original teachings? If so, I'm in trouble. I have enough problems with English myself, much less foreign languages.

> But when they accepted he was the messiah, they diverged from Judaism
> and were no longer of the Jewish faith.

If I recall my Bible (whether it be the King James Bible or the Douay Bible), His followers still attended Temple according to tradition for some time after their acceptance of Him as Messiah. It was only after much persecution that they started services on the first day of the week to commemorate His resurrection.
Yes, I know, "they were only attending to proselytize the masses." Well, so did Jesus. His teachings were far removed from what the reigning Sanhedrin was teaching.
I agree with you (don't grab your heart!). I don't like "organized" religion either. Sasying that, let me apologize for being somewhat leaning towards organization. It's the way I was brought up. It's where most of my teaching came from.
Organized religion persecuted the Jews. A book by Michael L. Brown says it all, "Our Hands Are Stained With BLood" It is, according to the cover, "The Tragic Story of the 'Church' and the Jewish People".
True Christians love the Jews. They are God's chosen people. Recall that God told Abraham, "I will bless those that bless you, and curse those that curse you." True Christians pray for the peace of Jerusalem. True Christians know that the only peace Jerusalem will ever have will be when the Savior, King Jesus, sits on the throne of David during His Millennial reign on earth. True Christians pray for the Jewish people. God has reserved Himself a remnant to be saved. By whom? Why, Jesus, of course. Salvation has to come through Him. There is no other way given.

I didn't start this to preach. It comes natural when I talk about my Lord and His chosen people. I love the Jews. I try to love all. It is hard to do, but with God as my guide, it's possible. Yes, even the terrorist who would want to take my life. We must pray for them as well. They may never convert from their religion or beliefs. It's not my job to convert them or anyone. That's God's job. Mine is just to proclaim the good news.
Sun 07/08/05 at 19:47
"Fort of Dawn Lindsa"
I missed Forest fan.

He's the one who taught me not to get angry at spanners on the internet.

He didn't actually teach me anything directly, but I learned that watching was infinitely more fun.
Wed 03/08/05 at 16:43
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Forest Fan wrote:

> I don't see how. Most Jews in the world do not believe in Jesus being
> the Messiah, do they? Hence they are the majority, Jews believing in
> Jesus like myself are the minority. What I said doesn't contradict
> with me saying I'm a Jewish Christian.

Try reading the discussion loki and I had on the nature of the Messiah of christianity as opposed to the messianic cults of Judaism.

Then try engaging your brain; have a think about your, frankly Anti-Semetic, claims of being more Jewish than Jews who don't believe in Christ as the Messiah as you do. Jews who believe in Christ as the Messiah are not considered to be members of the Jewish faith, so they are not "a minority" of Jews. They're not Jewish in the first place. And neither are you. You're a blank eyed Evangelical Christian.

Finally, go and ask a Rabbi (any Rabbi) what he thinks of your claim to be a Jewish Christian.
Tue 02/08/05 at 12:04
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
Forest Fan wrote:
> I don't see how. Most Jews in the world do not believe in Jesus being
> the Messiah, do they? Hence they are the majority, Jews believing in
> Jesus like myself are the minority. What I said doesn't contradict
> with me saying I'm a Jewish Christian.

But Light wrote:

"Okay...

There is the Jewish idea of a messiah; a man sent by God to lead them. There have been numerous messiahs in Jewish History (though I have to say, I'm not sure how many, if any, have been recognised as such by Orthodox Judaism).

Then there is the Christian idea of the Messiah (note capitalisation), which refers to the Son of God.

Judaism does not accept that the Son of God has ever been sent to earth.
Christians do.

So if you are a Jew, by definition you do not believe in the Messiah (though you may well believe in a messiah).

However, if you are a Christian, then by definition you do believe in the Messiah. Which precludes you from being a Jew."

Which would make you a Semitic Christian, wouldn't it? How can you believe that Jesus was the Messiah (making you a Christian, but stopping you from being a Jew) whilst remaining Jewish somehow?
Tue 02/08/05 at 11:48
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> Actually, I think most Jews (i.e. non Christians) are still looking
> for a Messiah to come to earth to bring them peace...
>
> But don't you describe yourself as a Jewish Christian? What you're
> just written there is hugely at odds.

I don't see how. Most Jews in the world do not believe in Jesus being the Messiah, do they? Hence they are the majority, Jews believing in Jesus like myself are the minority. What I said doesn't contradict with me saying I'm a Jewish Christian.
Mon 01/08/05 at 23:23
Regular
I couldn't find any topics of his in the Customer Service forum.
What posts were you talking about?
Mon 01/08/05 at 20:57
Regular
"That's right!"
I've missed Forest Fan's little rants.

I'm sure he's a member of some sort of sect, and he's the one collecting the cheques at the end of each month...
Mon 01/08/05 at 16:51
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:

> And he's more orthodox than Rabbis.

Reading what he's said in the Customer Service Forum, assuming any of it is true then one can see how he's developed his little fantasy world where he's Gods Chosen One.

Still grates though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.