GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pimp my Ride UK"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/07/05 at 13:57
Regular
No.

No no no no no.

I watched this last night and me and my brother was just laughing at how crap it was.

Firstly, the stuff PMR do to cars doesn't work over here. In America, it sort of does, because they're always over the top and they all usually have goodish cars, which don't look out of place on the road.

Here, we have hatchbacks. Last nights was a Fiat Panda and the finished product was just god awful. The owner will not only look like a total twunt driving it, it also sticks out like a sore box shaped thumb.

The worst part however, is Tim Westwood presenting it. For the uninformed, our pal Westwood is a hip hop DJ on Radio One. His actions on screen just make him look like a spaz, he flails his arms and ducks around, using "gangsta" language. He just wants to be a black person, he wants to be like Xzibit (the guy who presents the original PMR).

Westwood is worthy of being on the recieving end of a bullet.

So - Pimp My Ride UK = Rubbish.
Mon 25/07/05 at 22:29
Regular
I wouldn't want all the fancy crap on the outside (Black with nice alloys is all I'd want) but I'd love to have a car with all the inside interior and equipment for the exception of the pointless amount of speakers/amps/subs they always put in them.

But would getting all this be worth looking like a twunt on TV?
Mon 25/07/05 at 22:21
Regular
"\\"
Aren't all variations of Pimp my ride awful anyway?
Mon 25/07/05 at 22:17
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Aaah, this show sucks.

There are so many things wrong with it:

1. Westwood. Jesus, give it up already. You're not black, you're not gantsa, and you're certainly not X. If he acted normally it'd be OK, but I wouldn't be suprised if that was MTV enforcing it upon him. Though, I love what he said in the panda episode:

Westwood: "The amp's are in a half-tube arrangement"

Skater-dude: "Er, it's Half-pipe"

2. The people that work in the garage. Now, the people themselves are OK. They're good at what they do (apart from the three-seats in the Panda. Notice how the guy had three friends, and they all wanted to go on a road trip? How the feck are 4 blokes going to fit into a three-seat car? Genius....), but, again, I think MTV have something to play here. "Use terms like "bling", because it's "hip" and "cool"".

3. The music. I think the editors have limited music resources. If they use a track from an album, they'll go ahead and use another from the same album. I counted three (yes, three...) Supergrass songs in one episode. It's me being picky, but it's incredibly retarded and annoying.

4. Did I mention Westwood?
Mon 25/07/05 at 21:42
"slightlyshortertagl"
It's cringeworthy

stop hating westwood.

he's done more for hiphop than you'll ever do, even if he looks/sounds like a twunt
Mon 25/07/05 at 16:24
Regular
He probably shot himself, then claimed he was in a fight.
Mon 25/07/05 at 16:14
Regular
"Green & White Army"
AAARRGGH!! That Tim Westwood makes me cringe soooo much. It really plagues me how he thinks he is black. He did get shot one time a few years back didn't he?
Mon 25/07/05 at 14:13
Regular
It could of been called

"Make me look like a ****"

Instead, seeing as 99% of Chavs probably can't afford most of the gear they put in the cars.
Mon 25/07/05 at 14:10
Regular
I don't know what you're talking about!
Mon 25/07/05 at 14:07
"period drama"
*Me
Mon 25/07/05 at 14:04
Regular
It should've been called Chav Me Motor.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.